Question 30 PSI boost then "BOOM"

JRJ04

Reaction score
I would start simple and check all your boots first before you start looking into all this other stuff.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, i have checked the boots and pulled a load and it all seems to be working fine, i can hit 27-29 LB of boost plus or minus a few LB's.
If the 6.0's dont have waste gates i wonder what made the noise, and like i said the wrench icon was on until i rekeyed it and after that it ran fine.
i probably should check for codes but i did not want to pay a shop if it all runs good, they charge $75.00 just to hook up.
The 6.0 must have some sort of safety to protect itself maybe the turbo was over on EGT and it DE-BOOSTED to bring the EGT down, once again only guessing here.

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This last Saturday, after taking a pee brake, we were heading down the road, had the cruise set temps all good, boost good and then "POP" with a noticable whine (other than that of the turbo) and No Boost at all. Shut it down, had my bro in-law come out (2 hours away) and pick up the truck. Got it to the dealership and they found the CAC tube popped off the turbo. They checked everything else out and it was all good. So that might be something you want to check into also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58