302 (5.0) help

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
I know one guy i can trust, I will ask what i can get away with and what i cant.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
you should call up comp cams, or lunati directly....they have tech help lines and i bet they could tell you exactly the cam to use (from their lineup of course!)

97PowerSmokerIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just be sure you get the right gaskets for the Windsor....... long story short i changed the heads out on my 79 bronco with a 351M which IMO is a POS ive had more problems with the modified than any other 351 ive owned, but anyways un less you enjoy water falls make sure you get the right head gaskets they look virtually the same but the holes for the cooling jacket are different, are you going to be running 4WD if you are id reccomend the NP205 with some light mods it can be virtually indestructible.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
you should call up comp cams, or lunati directly....they have tech help lines and i bet they could tell you exactly the cam to use (from their lineup of course!)

It would be fun to call them and get there specs and compare them to some custom grinds. The guy checking things out for me has been a competitor in engine masters several times and has done very well. He's helped us get nearly 700hp out of a cleveland.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

Second that
Comp Cams has (had, 25 years ago) the HOT setup for Ford Windsors..

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
i did find out how they tech the motor. They tube the cylinders, and check vacuum. how does the tube process work? Also, if i can get the cubic in. within reason, they will pass it off as just bored out, so if i stroke this thing, it would have to be close.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
filled out a cam request form, will see what they think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14