302 (5.0) help

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
I believe the tube process is when they stick smoe type of device (probably some type of camera) down in the spark plug whole. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. that say to me that if you stroke it, they wouldn't be able to tell. (depending how much). Now, I'm not saying to cheat, but to me that says that if you bore it out and stroke it to more than the limit for the cometition, they wouldn't be able to tell because some of that CID increase is from stroke. So, I'd be wonderin how may other people are doing that as well. Which could be to your disadvantage if you play fair and they dont. Now, with that said and what has been posted here before, I dont think you're going to see anywhere close to 400hp if you stay within those limitations. Keep us posted as to what comes out of this whole thing! Good luck to ya!

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
perfect tuning will be a must. I know i will have to use parts that are not approved. Hey, what if i used smaller chamber heads, would that help?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
perfect tuning will be a must. I know i will have to use parts that are not approved. Hey, what if i used smaller chamber heads, would that help?

in raising the compression ratio, that's about it.
289 heads are fairly rare these days anyway...

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
The engine guy I know recommends zero decking the block, milling the heads as much as possible, useing the smallest dished piston you can find, and .030 head gasket. He's a big believer in small port heads so like whats been said 289 heads would work. When you figure out what you are useing he said the cam is the last thing to be figured out. He will recommend one then. Hope this helps. Your going to have to find a c-6 tranny cuz you'll never find a high stall converter for any newer overdrive trans.

Last edited:

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
I was talking to a mustang guy this weekend, he has a 351w , 60 overbore, with 289 heads, he said it would have to be freshened up. just the thing i was looking for. also has a c6 with 3500 stall, buth still hooked up to each other. He has no idea what cam is in it, but in his mustang, it would start to float at 4000 rpm, would need diff cam anyway so no big deal. gonna have to talk price i think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14