Question 4" or 5" exhaust? Any downfall to 5?

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What gauges you get?

I got boost, EGT and Trans - Auto Meter sport comp, being they match with the green light.. Used the 3 pod overhead mount, just installed tonight - I can't seem to get my rear view mirror up high enough to see out of it now though..

Anyone else have this issue?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I got boost, EGT and Trans - Auto Meter sport comp, being they match with the green light.. Used the 3 pod overhead mount, just installed tonight - I can't seem to get my rear view mirror up high enough to see out of it now though..

Anyone else have this issue?

yup, what truck do you have?

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Sweet! Post a pic when you get it all done. Havnt seen the gauges mounted up by the mirror. I want to get some more gauges for my truck.

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Post a pic when you get it all done. Havnt seen the gauges mounted up by the mirror. I want to get some more gauges for my truck.

Little jacked about it right now, strung all the wires/nylon tube through firewall, dash, a pillar, roor liner into pod.. Boost Gauge not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhg! I assume the tube got pinched in the A-Pillar.. Auto Meter tarted using this new harder tubing that kinks very easily, much less flexible than the old.

And as mentioned above the Mirror will not look far enough up now due to pod.. The egt gets to 1200 at full throttle going up hill after about 10 seconds.. Pretty normal for an all stock ride?

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
06SD 250 FX4.. Anything I can do other than re glue the Mirrow mount lower? Or do you run pod offset?

I kept my mirror off (wish it was still off) until it cracked, and when I had the windshield replaced I had it replaced with I believe is a "regular cab" windshield. The regular cab mirror is mounted lower than the super and crew cabs. At the same time I bought a 05' or 06' windshield that says "super duty" where the pods are. Since my 99' had nothing and you could clearly see the back of the pods and all the wires and what not. I wish the people who sell them would tell you this before you buy them. But there is no way I would buy a pillar mount or under dash mount since every thief in Chicago looks for that stuff. Up high like that I don't think anyone notices. :dunno

Choaner

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Sorry forgot to post these.. Still do not have trans gauge in yet, waiting on that and exhaust at this time.. Did a coolant flush over this weekend as well, that sucked.. Its like an all day lond project with no results, I flushed with CAT coolant flush, lots of black stuff came out - There also seemed to be a mix of green and gold coolant in truck - I changed to CAT EC1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58