40 years ago today.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Martin Luther King Jr. was assasinated. I'm sure there are mixed emotions on this. I can't help but think things could be alot different in this country had he carried on. He was far from perfect, as are most men, in the public eye or not. But he was instrumental in the civil rights movement, and to me something of an icon in politics for his time. RIP Martin Luther King Jr.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Martin Luther King Jr. was assasinated. I'm sure there are mixed emotions on this. I can't help but think things could be alot different in this country had he carried on. He was far from perfect, as are most men, in the public eye or not. But he was instrumental in the civil rights movement, and to me something of an icon in politics for his time. RIP Martin Luther King Jr.

;tu Well said.. And Very true. I share your opinion.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately this anniversary will probably get more attn. then those
who gave their lives so that MLK (and the rest of us) could have
the freedom enough to speak !

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stated very well Bushpilot I agree 100% that our service men/women have given 110% so we can stand on our soapboxes to make our point of view. But never forget the ones that have given all for our rights.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
unfortunately this anniversary will probably get more attn. then those
who gave their lives so that MLK (and the rest of us) could have
the freedom enough to speak !

I agree with you, Bush. But I cant" help but think that getting gunned down on your home soil [ JFK / RFK / MLK ] because of your beliefs or who you are might not be worse. I suppose its all context. Looks like for some, freedom of speech cost them their lives right here in our back yards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58