400HP...or less???

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
ARRRRRRG all this talk is about to seriously make me pull out my Stage I's and send them to bean...... I need 2's!!!!!!!!!!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
ryanPSD said:
ARRRRRRG all this talk is about to seriously make me pull out my Stage I's and send them to bean...... I need 2's!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, Everyone I talk to that has Stage 1's, wants to go with Stage 2's!!

Not sure why that is!!! :roflmao

ryanPSD

Reaction score
The big thing holding me back right now is the intercooler. I have a 6.0 and gts kit ready to go in but I am not looking forward to it. The winch and bumper and grille guard need to come off, and those are not very light. Then while those are out they need some attention to the rust developing......

Seriously I wish I went straight to Stage II's.... now that I know the safe limits and capabilities of our engines. :(

I plan to use stock fuel as long as the system lasts me, then when it's time for a new pump I may give bean a call for some big fuel. :hail

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Big K said:
Yea, Everyone I talk to that has Stage 1's, wants to go with Stage 2's!!

Not sure why that is!!! :roflmao

I want II's now also. But I am tickled pink with what my I's have done for my truck. I really dont want to mess around with an IC. Im going to have to see how well it tows this summer when I start yanking around the TT. That is one of the main reasons I stayed away from II's.

ryanPSD

Reaction score
98.4127% of the time I am in Bill's extreme. Even towing my sandrail on a little 14' carson trailer (probably what, 4k max?), if I forget to turn it back to stock I have a real hard time keeping it under 1200 if trying to accelerate up any kind of incline at all. Level cruising at 60-65 runs me 800-900* I think.

But I'm sure 285's on 3.55 gears don't help much there either.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly ive thought about ditching the stage 3's (after of course 12's in 1/4) and going back with 2's....they were so much fun.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Stage II's IC stock or SD HPOP, SD IC, good chip, decent tranny, many happy miles andtowing with pyro. Stage III's and the above listed, it would be a race to see if what gives first, the bottom end, tranny or turbo.
350 and under HP, fun, longevity decent milage (when you keep your foot out of it!).
400hp and up, a WHOLE LOT OF fun but short lived.
Thats my opinion on the subject.
Rick H...

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
exactly................stay uner stae 3's unless big power is in ear future

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14