4R100 made it to 94k miles!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I had mine done by Aamco and had it back in 4 days.

just sayin.. :tounge

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Honestly,when it comes down to it,I believe in supporting the small family owned businesses like Bama Auto Movers,Brian from BTS,ITP,Bob Riley,etc before throwing money at big corporations that in many cases won't back up their product or services like our friends do ;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Honestly,when it comes down to it,I believe in supporting the small family owned businesses like Bama Auto Movers,Brian from BTS,ITP,Bob Riley,etc before throwing money at big corporations that in many cases won't back up their product or services like our friends do ;tu

Aamco's are all independently owned/operated..
ONLY reason I had them do mine is because I have known the rebuilder there for 30 years, and they could turn it around quickly.

I had called BTS for a ship-it-to-the-door quote a month earlier..
I was kind of surprised he doesn't keep cores around.. and I couldn't be without the truck for a month...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
my 02 made it 47K
then it got traded in on a 06 :sly

its almost time for it to go, are you on pins and needles yet :D

Racinghcr

Racinghcr
Reaction score
My 2001 F-350 7.3 PSD has got 96 k on it ,and has pulled our 15,000 lb Designer (36 ft long) Fifthwheels annually from Indiana to the Fla Keys without a problem. My local Ford Dealer mechanic said it would last much longer (pulling) if I maintained it religiously, and added a larger capacity aluminum Trans Pan. The Hughes trans Pan has about 5 extra qts of tranny fluid. I think this is the key--STOP THE HEAT BUILD UP WHEN TOWING HEAVY LOADS! I also think a Qt of Lucas Trans Treatment helps when changing. I wonder if there's any significant heat resistance to be gained with Synthetic fluids? Is that available for the older trannys? Any one know? Also,are trans heat gauges difficult to install on older F-350s like my 2001? Any other tips on Transmission Preservation out there? Thanks!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I wonder if there's any significant heat resistance to be gained with Synthetic fluids? Is that available for the older trannys? Any one know? Also,are trans heat gauges difficult to install on older F-350s like my 2001? Any other tips on Transmission Preservation out there? Thanks!

Valvoline MaxLife ATV is full synthetic and Mercon/Mercon V compatible.

and no, the temp gauge is a fairly quick install..
the sender screws in an existing boss in the case right by the "neutral safety" (it's really called a transmission range sensor) switch.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stephen, I hope you can get it up there. Bill is jumping up and down by now..LOL

Bill I sent you a PM.

Doug

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen, I hope you can get it up there. Bill is jumping up and down by now..LOL

Bill I sent you a PM.

Doug

Got it done at the last hour yesterday, Literally. :yahoo

Got a text from Bill this morning that it is loaded and on it's way to Lead Hill, AR

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58