4x4 not going in

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the heater works properly, your problem is not vacuum. Now you get to hunt down why is it not working. Look at all of the fuses and make sure the are all OK. If the fuses are OK, them you may have a bad shift motor. This shifts the transfer case electrically when you throw the switch on the dash. This will require you or someone else to dismantle thr transfer case to get at the motor. Good Luck, you will need it.

Dave

It should be easy to figure that out, If you push the shift button and you don't hear a clunk, your motors bad.;tu

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The saga continues

After some lookin today, I dont't think the solinoide is applying vacume.
1)The incoming line has plenty of vacume and the line to the hubs holds vacume just fine.
2)When I pulled the plug, and tried it with the test light, I get power in the center pin all the time, but nothing on the others.
3)I pulled the switch and don't show power on any but one when the headlights are turned on. When I move the switch the trasfer case still works and the light comes on, but no change at the plug to the solinoide on the fender.
3)I checked the two fuses in the fuse box. I think 31+34 or somthing like that.

What am I missing?:dunno

rustinh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the line to the hubs is holding vacuum consistently, you've also ruled out the hub o-ring as well.

I'd say it's the solenoid on the passenger front inner structure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58