5th wheel or trailer?

fisherd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I am not sure. On the brochure under specifications it list the UVW (with no key as 11695) and the GVWR as 15500. This is on a 37' fifth wheel. Is it possible the UVW is unit vehicle weight? In the owners guide for my SD it shows a max GCWR as being 23k. I am trying to find the weight of my truck, what I can see it looks like 10.4k is this correct? If so do I combine the weight of my vehicle plus the fifth wheel and as long as I am under 23k, I am good?

fisherd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bama thanks, I looked back at your post and with what I wrote I believe I understand now. :thanks

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also invest in a surge guard for the trailer, state parks private ones and federal are famous for low power and brown outs, its the best 300 you can spend to protect your fridge, micro, tv and other electronics.[/QUOTE]

http://www.voltagebooster.com/ This is the one my buddy just got. Came to the house in 4 days. Power never dropped below 118 again that week out on the river. They come in 30 & 50 amp.
I am not connected to this company in any way.:sweet

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bama-six-gun said:
oh yeah, i am not real sure what you mean by UVW. never heard of it.:dunno
UVW is Unloaded Vehicle Weight. Most travel trailers/5th wheels have this listed. My 99 Dutchmen's UVW is 6900 lbs. There's a label either on the outside of the trailer or on the inside (mine is on a cabinet door), or both that has this information.

fisherd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, with the information I have received I think the raptor 36' is going to be to much for the S/D. Might be wrong but do not want to be at the max towing and only going up hills at 35 mph.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im w/ cha...I'd wanna be well w/in my safe tow/stop/go limits fully loaded
(including people & gear).

the 5er's are nice but even the hidden hitch leaves junk in the bed.

Personally id prefer a Travel Trailer (tow behind)...it leaves room for
a motorcycle and other stuff to be carried in the bed of the truck.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
UVW is Unloaded Vehicle Weight. Most travel trailers/5th wheels have this listed. My 99 Dutchmen's UVW is 6900 lbs. There's a label either on the outside of the trailer or on the inside (mine is on a cabinet door), or both that has this information.
thanks, wayne. never heard of UVW before. must be related to TT's

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58