Help Needed 6.0 down and no one knows why

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, what dealer is the truck at? There is a guy up in Sherman, that is also on the North Texas sight named Brad Miller, he is getting real sharp at these trucks, he might be able to help you out. I will see if I can point him over this way.

Secondly make certain the dealer that has the truck has a heavy line mechanic that has some idea about what they are doing vs someone just throwing parts at it and then tearing it down because they don't know what they are doing (sounds like it at this point).

Since you are out of warranty, look at High Performance Prose, Inc. Your Full Service Marketing Agency and send and email or call Chad Westfall and ask him for the contact info on the place that does all his work on his truck. From what I understand these guys have it all in one sock and know what they are doing. Hope that helps.

JD1978

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Its at blake utter ford in denison now...it used to be texoma ford. I know a guy that works light cars and trucks there and thats why i took it to them..the guy thats working on my truck is the only guy there that does diesel work. I dont know how good he is. I work offshore and have not talked to the shop in a few days to see if they have found anything for sure yet. I get back to land wed. And hope to get something figured out or take the dam theing somewhere else. Thanks for the name of the guy in sherman i will dam sure look him up.

boluke10

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have to add my story. I dealt with something like this for the better part of six months. My truck would just die at any given time. The dealership has a list they have to go through and I had to be patient. Mine was under warranty, though. It finally died altogether and the dealership still couldn't find the problem. They kept my truck for a week, no codes, couldn't get it to run. They said they replaced the batteries(not under warranty), then all eight injector codes came in. They replaced the FICM, That was about 12,000 miles ago. Just thought maybe my story would help. Mine was an early 04 with 03 stamped motor.

desert50eagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anything that he posted that mentioned being out of warranty. Isn't the engine warranted for 100,000 miles? If he's still under warranty, it wouldn't matter if he's not the original owner because the warranty up to 100K miles would still be good.

The only reason I ask about the original owner is to find out if he knows what has already been done to the truck if it was owned by someone else(taken in for recalls, TSBs, routine maintenance, Etc..)

Yes you are correct the powertrain warranty is 5 yrs/100k miles and follows the truck from the original date of purchase no matter how many times it changes hands...

JD1978

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well i hate to post this becouse i feel like a dump ass.... It was a tank of watered down fuel. The ford house found nothing wrong so i took it hpme and just started checking everything again. I pulled the filters off and found a little bit of water but not a lot. So i drained the tank and found about four or five gallons of water. I buy fuel at the same place all the time and i spoke with them and the have had six others who are having problems and sampled there tanks and found lots more. They told me that if i had any more trouble with my truck to let them know and it would be took care of. Thanks for all your help!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58