6.0 fuel mileage help please

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
its not my truck.i wouldnt own a 6.0 if you gave it to me.but i get stuck workin on it.i dont trust any other repair shops/dealers as far as i can throw them and that aint far.my scanner comes up with nothing wrong with it.and im useing a snap-on solus scanner.only reason it had somebody else do the engine swap is cuz i wouldnt touch it.im all set with them but now i get stuck figuring it out.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the motor new or did they reman the old motor? From what your saying it sound like they have something messed up inside the the motor. Like bearing are to big for the crank or the pistion ring were not sized right for the cylinders making the motor drag. The scanner would not pick that stuff up so you would have no codes. I would look at pulling the inj's. and put a big wrinch on the motor and see if you can turn it by hand. :dunno

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know ford has a program the holds code. Have you tried another pcm or had it flashed with the new updates?

Have you popped off the EGR and and EGR tube and seen if it's all pugged up. I know the 04's wont set codes if the EGR is unpluged. I had some running problems with my truck( bad fuel mpg, smoking, and no get up and go) and when I unpluged the egr the problem went away. 30k to 35k the EGR seem to go out on the trucks.

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RICH, stopped by a buddy shop he works on PDS all the time. I was talking to him about the truck your working on. He said to look at the inj. pump sounds to him that it's out of time. It would not show a code if it's out time. But the truck would run like crap. Just something to think about.

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
injection pump?as far as i know they dont have an IP but have an HPOP wich was replaced on the old motor and swapped over to the new motor.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RICH, what if the HPOP leaking? Was it replaced or are they saying it was replaced or swapped over???? The IP is the HPOP. :sorry I think the HPOP is a good starting point.

I dont know if you have this but here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58