6.0 Horsepower and torque

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
That's what I was told, slap it on 5 every blue moon but mostly keep it on 3, nice to meet you james, I think everybody should put their name in their sigs here

Robert, you should just get a shift on the fly one, that way you can put it on tow or on level 3 when you feel like the speed, 5 isn't really needed, it's just mainly for racing other trucks (to me atleast)...C'mon robert, quit bein such a scaredy cat and just step up to the plate.

Hasn't your wife ever done something that you didn't want? maybe some jewelry? Maybe threw out your favorite shirt? Get her back, get tuned up dude

P.S. Banks has some new GPS thingy out, you should look into that since your always traveling it has GPS in it. Just a thought

draftlover

Crybaby
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
That's what I was told, slap it on 5 every blue moon but mostly keep it on 3, nice to meet you james, I think everybody should put their name in their sigs here

Robert, you should just get a shift on the fly one, that way you can put it on tow or on level 3 when you feel like the speed, 5 isn't really needed, it's just mainly for racing other trucks (to me atleast)...C'mon robert, quit bein such a scaredy cat and just step up to the plate.

Hasn't your wife ever done something that you didn't want? maybe some jewelry? Maybe threw out your favorite shirt? Get her back, get tuned up dude

P.S. Banks has some new GPS thingy out, you should look into that since your always traveling it has GPS in it. Just a thought

I put my new Edge in last night. It's sweet!! I haven't had the balls for 5 yet. I'll wait 'till I put in the big exhaust!:sweet

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
James,
A. 6yr 150k warranty
b. HEAD gaskets
c. wife killing me for toasting the truck :eek: :D
d. EGR issues, cooler and coolant boiling while pulling the rv 14k lbs.

last but not least.....
replacing rear tires more often :D

I am hoping for 06 the 6.0 is fixed and we have no more alarms of flash boiling coolant or head gaskets.
i give it a few more months then we getting a tuner....

Hey Robert,

What are the EGR issues? Or flash boiling coolant for that matter. Educate me (since I know you're not working at work:roflmao ). Does your coolant filter help with this at all?:dunno

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Bruce he's just paranoid, happens when you get old, can't you see he looks 10 ways before he takes a left

Maybe he'll get his balls again and put some speed in his ride :D

janders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA.....you are rough on him....the only reason I don't have one installed right now on my truck is because of the warranty issue. I think the A2 (?) has gps in it too.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
Bruce he's just paranoid, happens when you get old, can't you see he looks 10 ways before he takes a left

Maybe he'll get his balls again and put some speed in his ride :D

Yep he is rough for a youngin,
i do remeber how wife really liked smokin little camaros at the light.... and of course she drives teh truck like its a lambo or something.

looking at this now
"The Scout has not been released for the 6.0 liter Ford. It appears that part will not become available. However, Sniper has released their Special Forces software for the 6.0 liter. That has been available for a few weeks now and have been working awesome. The Special Forces sells for $420.75 plus shipping."
anybody got some ???? on it it loads off your laptop, I.E brent we can change in flight :sweet

tex ex the egr and flash boiling has been an issue with folks pulling heavy in teh heat, gm is having serious pains keeping the dura carp cool.
when we pull the rv we push 1200 with 1300 and climb at times, I am concerned about the exhust being to hot to cool down enoug to not flas boil the coolant in the egr cooler, and transfer this heat back to the engine when i need it to be cool. If i didnt pull wit the truck it would be a no brainer lock and load Vrooommmm. so i am trying to find a good SAFE load to tow with,
that has a track record os safe towing not just ikes the egts climbed lets shut off the fuel. I can do that with my right foot.
my old 7.3 we ran it at 1350 all day long and never had a hiccup till last summer climbing the mountain. it was U G L Y .
slipping Tq convert, sky rocket egts, and tranny temps, followed by big time loss of power, hit the top in 1st gear right on teh red on all temps. not excited about doing that again.
egr might get disabled and plugged? cat is probably gone to.....
we will see
brent, :D :D :D

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Tell ya what Rob, I towed a 5000 lb. boat (or maybe more it was around 35') and my EGT's did not hardly go up above 1100, i havent hit 1250 yet and even thought I have it set to defuel at 1250 it will tell you how much % to backdown and it will to that it self. The only thing that I ever have problems with is keeping the turbo down when I nail it, getting onto the interstate and pushing it causes the turbo to go up, and i have that limited at 25 cause i don't want to hurt anything.

And Rob why are you scared about towing? you can just put it back to stock with the Edge, it has steps (im sure you know this by now) and you can put it on 0 or 1 while towing, of course 1 is Tow and 0 is Stock

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
janders said:
HAHA.....you are rough on him....the only reason I don't have one installed right now on my truck is because of the warranty issue. I think the A2 (?) has gps in it too.
ehh dont worry he'll get me back

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
ehh dont worry he'll get me back
yes sir, its coming ......patience is what us old timers have lots of :D

i am looking at the edge as well, but the laptop programs have the potential for so much more

speaking of turbo climbing....
even if i plant it to teh floor in 2nd the boost never gets above 25. and egts empty 1000-1100 never any higher,

last trip with the 7k cargo trailer
tow haul egts stayed in line at 1300 getting on the highway boost 25 on the factory guage.......

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PB,
do you have an upgraded exhaust ?
a good flow thru muffler will lower your egt's 200+ degrees and bet a full turbo back would lower it even more....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14