6.0 idle time

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi dave
do you have a bigger wire hooked to the blue and white wire? hard to tell which i am looking for. Its a bit blurry. i will find it though once you get back to me.
thanks pal
melmount

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only reason i can see having a idle adjustment is if you have a PTO but other than that you are getting Zero return on fuel(no miles per gallon) diesels have a really hard time warming up with out load so if you are starting it and let it warm up before you hop in it you are doing more damage to your engine than just carbon build up. but carbon will build in the turbine and cause the vanes to stick and if you still have the cat on it will not get hot enuff to do its job and the efficency goes down.-popcorn

Last edited:

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AFter I idle my truck for about 2 minutes, the idle automatically increases to about 850-900 rpm. This started after I had the computer reflashed with 05E17 flash.

The Ford tech told me after the truck idles for 2-3 minutes the idle will raise and the EGR will shutoff to prevent coking.

PainTrain

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
AFter I idle my truck for about 2 minutes, the idle automatically increases to about 850-900 rpm. This started after I had the computer reflashed with 05E17 flash.

The Ford tech told me after the truck idles for 2-3 minutes the idle will raise and the EGR will shutoff to prevent coking.

That is also what mine does. So is this just as bad as letting it idle with no load or is it ok to let it do what it is designed to do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58