6.0 is CHUGGING like GASSER

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
yeah man... i don't wanna beat a dead horse.. but seriously you NEED to have an air filter... its not really an option.... I hope you don't take any of the offensive.. just trying to help you out... wow

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
WOW, I was sleepy when I first read this, but I am awake now.

NO air filter....................not smart.

Maybe the chugging BECAUSE IT NEEDS AN AIR FILTER.

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so ill be putting back the stock filter today. Anyways, any ideas why its chugging so much

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, at this point, you could have dusted the turbo. There is also a possibility of an injector problem that is unique, or at least more common to the 6.0 powerstroke. There is also a possible FICM problem, which is not taken care of by a chip.

dpantazis

Reaction score
d00d-
look at how dirty your engine compartment is! where do you think all that dust and dirt comes from? where do you think that goes if you don't have a filter.

was it consuming fuel before you took the filter off?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
If he had completely removed all aspects of the filter system (inlet, filter, filter housing, elbow from the filter housing, etc) would the turbo still be able to pull in all that air?

Wouldn't the turbo be starving for air, therefore not getting the correct amount of air to mix with the fuel, thus causing said chugging?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
its possible bama....

I would say that your chuggin problem is directly related to your lack of an air filter... i just hope you didn't already damage something... put the filter back on.. do the zoodad mod and that will allow plenty of air to move... then see if you're still getting bad mileage... what exactly is your mileage?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No air box system, no mass air flow truck will run like crap. Because now everything now has crappy info in the PCM, so now that you put everything back you need to clear the pcm, pull the ground on both batts. and let sit for 20 min. and start over. Dont bother saving any code the mean nothing now. Then get out and drive it like you stole it for a day or so. Then check and pull any codes you have and post them. Have you cleaned the EGR???? This will make your truck run crappy too.

JRJ04

Reaction score
ummm yea...you need to get a filter on that truck ASAP. These pull in wayy to much air for it to not be filtered. Your boss is out of his mind...literally...

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
what do you do when you drive down the road with you r head out of the window and mouth open then you inhale dust/bugs.etc? you choke your truck needs the heimlich haha dont take it personal just having a littlee fun hinestly hope nothing major happened internally or like said dusted turbo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58