6.0 is CHUGGING like GASSER

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk my mileage, cuz i have not electronic meter for it, everything you guys said about dusted turbos, and dirt and bugs flying in, Ive thought about already but since my boss is an NSCRA champ i trust him alot but idk

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are not trying to be a hard ass about this to you, BUT you must under stand the damage that can happen.
Not having a filter on your motor, your motor sucks in sand,dirt,bugs and rain this stuff goes though the turbo into the inter-cooler plugging it up and if the crap gets pass that it gets sucks into the cylinder of your motor and rips up the cylinder walls making your motor burn oil and loose compression. On top of that the crap that gets pass the cylinder walls and piston rings ends up in your oil, blows the seals in your hpop then gets pumped in to the injector which gums up.

You see funny cars run with no air filters but they rebuild there motors almost every pass.

You need to go ask your boss if your motor goes south and is trashed will he pay out of his pocket to have a new motor put in. If he says yes then get it in writing.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Just because your boss is a champ is some racing circuit doesn't make him an expert
in this area.

If you take your truck to a repair shop/dealership to get it checked out and they see NO air
filter system in your truck, they will laugh you out of the store and tell you to get your boss to fix it.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
well yeah i don't know any guys that have trucks that they only pull with that run air filters.... they are only goin 330 foot at the most.. that doesn't mean that the truck they use to pull their pulling truck to the competition doesn't have an air filter too.... I can't believe we are still talking about this?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
well yeah i don't know any guys that have trucks that they only pull with that run air filters.... they are only goin 330 foot at the most.. that doesn't mean that the truck they use to pull their pulling truck to the competition doesn't have an air filter too.... I can't believe we are still talking about this?

It's quite humerous and amazing Nate. :dizzy

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok ok I got the filter back on there, and i will be custom fabricating an intake system at my shop sometime next week.The truck seems great and sounds awesome so hopefully i dodged the bullet. I dont take anything said on this thread offensively, im always up for good advice. You guys got any tips on how to get better mileage? Thanks Guys.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58