6.0 liter GOOD VS BAD

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read your post wondering if you were talking about the OEM water filter built into the fuel pump. I do agree with adding a coolant filter kit.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read your post wondering if you were talking about the OEM water filter built into the fuel pump. I do agree with adding a coolant filter kit.

Might be "My Bad" (?) but I havent seen much discussion about an Additional [fuel related] water filter.:dunno

Prolly ouda stay in my own.. 7.3.. areas ??? :lmao:lmao

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries. When you say water filter to 6.0 guys it's fuel related, coolant filter speaks for itself. I run a AirDog that will pull out water and air while filtering the fuel better than stock.

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Like most newer designed turbo diesels, they use oil pressure to fire fuel injectors under pressure. They use exhaust gas to maintain EPA requirements. This includes the 6.0l. And as you concluded, there are other inherent design flaws on the motor as well.

The aftermarket can support the 6.0l owner with a variable of options to turn the expecting problematics of the engine into no concern. EGR deletes, coolant filters, remote oil cooler/filters, air intake kits, etc. are all readily available.
I recently installed a delete kit due to the rupture of the heat exchanger. I also added a by-pass micro-filter kit to minimize oil contanmination. With the delete kit, the upgrade Ford oil cooler was installed as well. I didn't install the coolant filter kit yet, as the system was flushed during all this work. I do have to add a tuner to remove the EGR codes from being produced. At that time, I'd like to add gages for the EGT, oil and trans temps.
With the delete kit installed, I was hoping to see some mpg changes as well as throttle response. Nothing is really showing yet with the first 1k miles.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input, its the head issue that is the worst to read about, as it is the most expensive, but like i said i will drive it and maybe it will need it maybe it wont.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58