6.0 mystery problem

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
The electronic pedal is on all the superduties from 99 on.

I wasn't sure... I just know my dad was having problems with his 04 king ranch not keeping speed at a fixed pedal position.. he replaced that and wala... i had never heard of such a thing but it fixed his....

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody figure out what is causing some pedals to not work yet? As in: is it a design flaw, manufacturing defect, or maybe excessive/improper usage, etc.? Was the pedal design changed in later years?

DR.Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like the tech thinks he has it fixed then ships it.thats sad.when i was working in the dealership if a vehicle came back for a second time for the same issue(which only happened a few times but it did happen cause nobodys perfect)i would dive the vehicle for up a week and as many miles as possible and pay for the fuel out of my own pocket and had a scanner with me so i could tell what everything was doing just so i knew that it wasnt coming back for that same issue.i lost money because i wasnt working on other vehicles but i did it so the cust.didnt loose faith in my ability of being a tech that took pride in his work.sounds like the tech is either young or dosnt give a crap about his rep.

thompson238

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know whats going on but I do think the days of true techs are soon to be gone and the void is being filled by parts swapers! Dad was telling me yesterday that this truck(company truck)his boss said cost close to 50k with the utility bed and the whole set up !!! They have spent close to 8k on repairs and it still leaves him stranded !! Luckily they have his old service truck on stand by (f450-7.3 , 389kmiles and counting ). I will post which part they replace next !!!! LOL

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Thompson I feel your pain!! I just got my truck back after being in the shop off and on for 5 weeks! New Trans and new stage 1 injectors and a butt load of $ later and I cant be happier. Good Luck with your rig!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14