6.0 POW and no power

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
I went to pass a poky truck on a hill yesterday with my 3500 pound slide camper in the bed when "POP, puff of smoke from the grill and no power..... Crippled over the mountain pass in the middle of nowhere and made it home. Turbo is spooling but no power and lots of black smoke.... No other indications of problems.... could i have blown the aftercooler???? Anyone had this problem before... Came back from camping trip because of BAD COLD! Just didn't have a good day yesterday.. Thanks for help:(

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
Yep hoses are still on and can't see any breaks... The puff of smoke from the grill area when it happened makes me think it's the intercooler. No codes, nothing else. Idles great.....

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
the intercooler boots still on?
Ditto. Probably a boot, but it could be cracked intercooler (rare). The ends are plastic. If that's the case, upgrading to an aftermarket performance intercooler would be the way to go. Maybe even cheaper? Does anybody know what Ford charges for a stock intercooler? Hopefully it's just a blown boot. They can blow off and they can burst. I had one I could push my pinkie through, but that was the original boot on my 03' that was more prone/susceptable to oil saturation/weakening.** :goodluck

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
YEP, i think i'll tear it down and replace the system with a banks... Good time to do it. I understand that it will improve things overall.... Anyone got one installed?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
YEP, i think i'll tear it down and replace the system with a banks... Good time to do it. I understand that it will improve things overall.... Anyone got one installed?

I have a Banks IC, but I also have the Banks boost tubes as well.

If you just put on a Banks IC, you will have to have a tappered boot from 3.5" to 3" to make them connect.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was there a code for no boost pressure?
or are you saying you found that you have no problems with boost pressure?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14