6.0 powestroke newbie power questions

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Guy's you can run tunes with out doing head studs right away, I am running Eric's tunes from Innovative and have towed our 5er this summer with his tow tune and run his Extreme Street tune when I was not towing and I have not had one problem and I am monitoring coolant my coolant level like a hawk. Go talk to Innovative Diesel Performance and they will set you up with and SCT tuner of your choice and tunes. Get guages for the truck they are a must even if you are towing with a completely stock truck. The biggest factor with people blowing head gaskets on 6.0's is there right foot and now knowing when to back out off the noiesy pedal or don't put guages on the truck and build to much boost and lift the heads. If you keep the truck below 35PSI of boost you should be ok I have seen as high as 30PSI pulling grades with our trailer with my truck. Do not trust the boost gauge on the dash mine is 3PSI low compared to my Auto Meter gauge on the A pillar. My truck is going to roll over to 170,000 miles in the next week and I have put every mile on my truck this summer with a tune in it and no causualties other than one 5$ intercooler boot clamp.

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldnt trust the autometer gauge as far as accuracy (35psi actually being 35psi). It is usefull though for detecting when your boost isnt were it normally is.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with Autometer gauges. Each to their own. I trust almost ANY gauges over the Factory "Computer Controlled" gauges (lie-o-meters). They tell you what Ford wants you to see.

Dave

sjr56

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with Autometer gauges. Each to their own. I trust almost ANY gauges over the Factory "Computer Controlled" gauges (lie-o-meters). They tell you what Ford wants you to see.

Dave

+1...Ran Autometers for over 20years and I'll stick with them. Quality pieces from a top notch company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58