Question 6.0 Turbo Freewheelin??

RJDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how I was just questioning the Turbo!!

I was hauling my camper up to VT. this past week and on 91North in VT all of a sudden I hear a big bang and lost all power. I got it off to the breakdown lane on a hill and she was still running, so I got out and popped the hood thinking I was going to see a huge mess. Nope the Turbo hose clamp broke at the turbo and the hose popped off, when it came off it hit the hood and made the loud noise. Now my problem was where to get a clamp to get me off the highway and to a ford dealer. Well I got creative with two normal hose clamps and it got me the rest of the way and then I was able to get the correct clamp (two of them, one for spare). :rant

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo tire blow out,:lmao, My 6.0 will only get to 300 below 50 degs.
390 to 400 when its hot out, no less.

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hauling my camper up to VT. this past week and on 91North in VT all of a sudden I hear a big bang and lost all power. I got it off to the breakdown lane on a hill and she was still running, so I got out and popped the hood thinking I was going to see a huge mess. Nope the Turbo hose clamp broke at the turbo and the hose popped off, when it came off it hit the hood and made the loud noise. Now my problem was where to get a clamp to get me off the highway and to a ford dealer. Well I got creative with two normal hose clamps and it got me the rest of the way and then I was able to get the correct clamp (two of them, one for spare). :rant

Been there done that more then once, now I carry a spare clamp:sly I have a straight pipe on my truck and I love to hear that turbo winding down as I walk away, it whisles like a lear jet!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg