note 6.4 snow in air cleaner

topkanman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wanted to warn everyone of snow packed in the air cleaner of 2008 6.4 diesel in a severe snow storm. You can take the air cleaner out, clean out the packed snow and warm it up to get the snow out. You might carry and extra filter with you. My truck didn't stop but the check engine came on and the filter is wet and nearly completely frozen over. Is there a fix?? number??

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to warn everyone of snow packed in the air cleaner of 2008 6.4 diesel in a severe snow storm. You can take the air cleaner out, clean out the packed snow and warm it up to get the snow out. You might carry and extra filter with you. My truck didn't stop but the check engine came on and the filter is wet and nearly completely frozen over. Is there a fix?? number??

A piece of information I found...

Snow packing of air filter/air induction:
If snow obstructs the air induction/air filter on the 2008 F-SuperDuty, there is a winter grill cover available to correct this problem. The cover is a customer purchase item, and must be installed as per the included instructions. The cover should be removed in temperatures above 50 degrees for normal driving, or 32 degrees when towing. Symptoms include a lack of power under acceleration and resticted air filter lamp illumination. Part number 8C34-19A413-AA. Broadcast Message 0284, 7323

Jeffrey11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First Snow

I had the same problem. First Snow here and A 1 hour drive took 4 hours. I had to stop many times due to snow getting in the air cleaner. I find it funny that I need to buy a part to correct a problem..hmmm Ford should have thought of this.

bowstring

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Topkanman there is a TSB on a cold weather front I got one last year free, I think because I'm in a snow state anyway I was out 20 miles today in heavy snow and I open my air filter and checked when I got home and it was dry and a bone. I have the cold weather front on.

Jeffrey11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You Are kidding

So this morning after my post I went to the local dealer. TSB 08408 and got my cover and new filter. They wanted to charge me but I refused to pay.

But here is my issue you can not tow or plow with this cover on if above 32. Well since when do you need to cover your 4 wheel drive beast to drive in the snow. I am not happy is there a better fix. That does not require a bra?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to me, this "In Case It Snows" thingy should be in a box, behind the driver seat along with the spare tire key & cigarette lighter.... in every PSD

We pay 30 to 60K for a "BUILT FORD TUFF" truck ? But if it Snows ? We gota go >BUY< a Snow Thingy ? so we can drive it ?

Somethin's a matter with this Picture !!

Joe

I hope FOMOCO is peek'n in on these sites.

Rusty74

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I bought my pickup the cover was with it. The dealers here in Colorado include them when they place the order. On my last pickup 7.3 I ordered a summer/winter front from cabelas, I also got one for the 6.4. The winter front has two flaps that you can open for intake air, for thirty bucks for both you can't beat it. The summer screen is good to keep the bugs off all of the coolers. Hope this helps.

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Black,
Can you give us the tip on getting the seat heaters hooked up on the remote start?

Thx for the tips.

vipergtsbob

I've created a write-up with pictures, wire colors, etc... The file is 3Mb and won't load to the forum. I've contracted Crumm to see what he can do to add as a DIY sticky.

PM me your email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58