7.3 IDI dead on the road

Locojonny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I consider it two different things- gelling is a condition of the fuel, where icing from water is caused by a contaminated fuel system. Icing from water can/will occur anytime the temp is under 32F, where gelling usually isn't an issue until apx. -15F. I've never looked into it, but have some research to do now- I don't know if 911 will have any effect on water/ice.

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
You should be running power service year round anyways.the ulsd doesn't have the lube needed for your injection system.

dpantazis

Reaction score
you should be running 2 cycle oil or bioD, not Cetane booster.

cetane booster like Poeerservice is basically solvent like acetone which dries out the full even more.

look in the fuel forum for discussions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you should be running 2 cycle oil or bioD, not Cetane booster.

cetane booster like Poeerservice is basically solvent like acetone which dries out the full even more.

look in the fuel forum for discussions.

fatfingered from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

fixed it.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I consider it two different things- gelling is a condition of the fuel, where icing from water is caused by a contaminated fuel system. Icing from water can/will occur anytime the temp is under 32F, where gelling usually isn't an issue until apx. -15F. I've never looked into it, but have some research to do now- I don't know if 911 will have any effect on water/ice.

correct.
Ice is ice.

Gelling is caused by the fuel reaching it's wax point and thickening to the point it won't flow.. the actual temperature may be affected by microbial growth, and also wind chill.

Bro Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
They got it for you. The same thing happened to be with the same truck. It was right in a period before all of the additive began to circulate truck stops and filling stations. I tried to add additives and got it started again. Two miles later it gelled again and then had it pulled into a heated garage overnight. It thawed and I put in some more additive and it fired up and had no more problem. Might I recommend Good Sam's Emergency Road Service!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track