7.3 light throttle = hesitation

grmjepr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I will check my turbo and drain my bowl, and let you guys know. might be tonight or next couple days. Any input on bad IDM

thanks again, I finally feel like i am getting somewhere!!:sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 with what dp & TG are saying ;tu

Yer call, but I wouldn't go to the IDM.. just yet. I'm think'n Air or Water issues need to be addressed.. after you check the turbo out. Cheaper fixes too.

Joe

Last edited:

grmjepr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK, drained the bowl and checked the turbo which is good. On my way into work this evening truck is now running worse, might be coincidence. Now at about 10% pedal i can make her stumble continuosly, and idle is much more ruff than before. Before idle would be good going back and fourth to a slight stumble, just a far fetch ,Is there any plugs or sensors that the drained fuel would have found its way to? Also I think I read a thread about a sensor on or near trans that somebody replaced or cleaned. I believe they were haveing hesitation when in reverse , which mine does, and drive, but can not see how this would effect idle. Thinking back, on the days that it snowed and or was wet this issue kinda started.

drive into work weather: east coast, 62 degrees,dry sunny.

dpantazis

Reaction score
Thinking back, on the days that it snowed and or was wet this issue kinda started.

something is not right. yes, you might check you IDM, its on the left front fender, they are known to 'leak' and let water in and then truck runds for crap.

i am too tired right now, but search about and you will find info here on that.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idm is possible...
Can you have the cct and buzz test done? Might have lost another injector. Mine stumbled real bad 10percent throttle. #8 injector failed. Its still there but minor now. i think i have a weak injector. It passed the two tests but i am going to have it done again. If its still passing, I may have the beans diesel idm mod done to my idm. Its 100 bucks after you get the core money back. They increase voltage to 140 from 110. Supposedly helping weak selenoids.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my not so wild guess that could be a possibility is that if the UVC harnesses were damaged and you only replaced them there is a very realistic possibility of damage to the Valve cover gasket and the electrical contact and pass through or possibly the engine end of the wiring harness.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
What about the ebpv? I wonder if it could be closing on you as you drive, causing a backpressure problem. It has been seen before, and just disconnecting the connector on the pedestal made it all go away. Cheap and easy too. Good luck!

grmjepr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Almost like it is electrical, all this started originally when the driver side injector harness was replaced (once in a while ruff idle, then later the hesitation last year,).

Todays seat of pants diagnostics were while going home from work (41 degrees cloudy) truck had constant ruff idle, and did not feel right even with heavy pedal. So I pulled over, drained the bowl again, and this time went from stock to extreme SCT tune. Ran much better, idle was better with only intermitent stumble never below 750rpm. Minimal stumble from take off, and minimal stumble with light pedal. Guess I have to suck it up and let dealership trouble shoot, tell me the answer and I will fix. Unfortuneatly I do not have the computer gizmos, only my SCT handheld, Does bad IDM cause stumble in idle. Also last year I replaced 1,3, and 8 with pensocola injectors. I gotta have an electrical bug somewhere, this thing runs very strong wide open and pulls hard with extreme tune on. Did I hear correctly that the IDM is on the driver side .

thanks !!!:hail

Last edited:

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I`v been trying to find just this problem with my truck. Do you have single shot injectors? Is this problem more noticable at 1-3 lbs of boost? See (mystery vibration) for more on this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58