7.3 light throttle = hesitation

grmjepr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Stock injectors here and no boost gauge :(, I have been running it hard the past few days and now the only code is 1211 icp not controllable. I am going to look for the most inexpensive way to replace my IDM, and is that does not work, off to the stealership. for some more diagnosis, Or just trade it in .(slip it in) and let them have the gremlin. I would rather have a superduty pick up then my X.

thanks to all for your time and help. if i figure it out i will repost!!!

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Stock injectors here and no boost gauge :(, I have been running it hard the past few days and now the only code is 1211 icp not controllable. I am going to look for the most inexpensive way to replace my IDM, and is that does not work, off to the stealership. for some more diagnosis, Or just trade it in .(slip it in) and let them have the gremlin. I would rather have a superduty pick up then my X.

thanks to all for your time and help. if i figure it out i will repost!!!

oup. im in the band wagon that your uvch wasent pluged in all the way.

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well this came up on a search I was doing for something else..

My truck is doing pretty much the same exact thing.. Slight throttle it hesitates/jerks/bucks.. WOT it will hesitate for just a hair then take off like a bat out of hell.. It's very frustrating.. I have noticed if I'm driving it a lot then it'll smooth out and drive fine.. However when I use the truck I'm usually only going 5 or 10 miles from home.. I'm wondering if it's my ebpv going nutty..

Truck info. 01 F250 7.3L 4x4 crew cab short bed.

tests done
buzz test
codes pulled

Repairs done
TPS
CPS
ICP w/ new harness
oil change
full transmission rebuild with new TC. (My old TC imploded and sent everything into the trans)

(subscribing)

fishyPSD

Diesel? What's that?
Reaction score
I received a letter last week about a class action lawsuit that has to do with a bad accelerator pedal on 01-03 superduty trucks and excursions with 7.3s. It applies to the non-adjustable, fixed pedal. I assume all owners would have received this letter or will in the near future. It gives a pedal part # IC34-9F836-BA ("BA" pedal). It says that drivers have complained that when they push down forcefully on the pedal, the engine goes to idle instead of accelerate. This has happened to me on more than one occasion, and come to think of it, it kinda acts funny like that alot.
Settlement is supposed to be reached or resolved in september.
Check this out.
http://www.cuestasettlement.com/7912.html

Spectre

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It says that drivers have complained that when they push down forcefully on the pedal, the engine goes to idle instead of accelerate.

I haven't received anything about it..

Also my complaint is the complete opposite.. If I push down "lightly" it surges.... If I force it to WOT it will pause for a second or 2 and then take off..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track