#7 injector removal

milspark1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just finished the nightmare of changing the O-Rings. Mine is a 96, but it has the screws for that piece as well. I have managed to drop my time to about 35 minutes on the removal of the passenger side valve cover. What a pain.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
wow.................?

you should use some PC-11 or jb-weld and epoxy some flanges onto it, and use small sheet metal screws to mount it, that way its removable for the next time.

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before regluing it, you may want to see how difficult it is to remove the whole core cover is (your's is really different looking). I have the vacuum reservoir with the screws and flanges, but needed to pull the whole core cover off when removing my injectors. It's really not very difficult. There is one screw that needs to be removed from inside the cab near the firewall to floorboard joint area. Cheers!

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Next time just take the 4 screws out of the solenoid on top of the injector and remove the solenoid. That will give you the last little bit of room to get it out.

06cumminspower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got an injector ordered from napa for 83 dollars and and the core is just 6 bucks, and looking at the injector a couple of the rubber seals are torn do you think that was causing the injector not to work? if so i will just keep it for 6 bucks replace the seals and use it as a replacement for the next time. also why is my box different from anyone eles???

Earnies2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you get the valve cover off ?????? I thought that cover hade to come off inorder to remove the valve cover...........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg