94 chip install

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 94 and looking to install my power chip today, but all the info i can find show 95 & up. is the 94 the same as far as the location of the PCM?

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MrTailLight said:
i have a 94 and looking to install my power chip today, but all the info i can find show 95 & up. is the 94 the same as far as the location of the PCM?
I think it should be, open the hood & inside the L.F. fender by the firewall. you will see all the wires & a black cover & 2 10mm nuts to remove, or bolts, you ,may have to loosen the fender liner to remove it.

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see a harness with a bolt in the middle of it? is that it?? all the way to the right by the fender.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. Take the center bolt out first, it is the harness . There should be two more holding the PCM in. Make sure you unhook the batteries!!!!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Just to not clutter up BigRedWeather's thread I split your posts and specific questions away from the other thread MrTailLight.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
When i did mine i did NOT remove the computer. I just took the park brake braket loose and i was able to reach in a clean the terminals good enough and install the chip..
But yes make sure to unhook the batteries

Neal

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to clean mine well enough without removing it , but I did to be sure, (couldn't see the back well enough, wasn't sure if those need to contact as well)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14