94 chip install

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well today i got to use it. i had 3 repos, and the switch is set up from left to rigth:
Stock, High Idle, No Start, 50, 75, 100.

when i switch it while running, it will go to the 50, or 75 and i can feel an imporvement. i do not have to shut the truck off to use the 50, 75, or 100 when im in the stock or high idle setting. in other words when i pass the no start, the truck just stumbles, and if i switch it slow, the truck dies. "switch it fast" is a good rule of thumb!!!

i hauled an Intrepid, Grand Prix & a Taurus today, about 150 miles for all 3, and what a difference the 50 setting alone makes. i ran the stock setting to and from the tow job, and while towing i used the 50 horse setting. this is a bad arse chip!! i would love to get one for my suburban 6.5TD.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
MrTailLight said:
well today i got to use it. i had 3 repos, and the switch is set up from left to rigth:
Stock, High Idle, No Start, 50, 75, 100.

mine is
stock, 40hp, 80hp, high idle
IMO putting no start in the middle is not smart due to your stumbling problem.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
better get those gauges in ASAP.you would be surprised to see what your exhaust temps are running stock nevermind with a chip :eek: .do you also have atleast a 3"downpipe in it yet?if not,get one!

i have a 6 position in my pickup.economy,high idle,smoke,tow,tonys extreme and tony/luke extreme.im always switching back and forth while driveing.if there is a cop behind me i switch it all the way down to economy so i dont have to worry about smokeing him.although i have been known to smoke a cop here and there :D .

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no gauges in yet, hopefully this weekend. stock down pipe as far as i know. i have not checked.

i would rather the no start be on one end or the other also.

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MrTailLight said:
no gauges in yet, hopefully this weekend. stock down pipe as far as i know. i have not checked.

i would rather the no start be on one end or the other also.

Yeah, take kare of that downpipe....

This is the old one next to the new one... It isnt that good of a pic because the old dp is cut in a mitre, so it looks a helluva lot wider than it really is.

HPIM0222.jpg

This is what ya wanna see.
HPIM0225.jpg

Best of luck!
-Stouff

MrTailLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where is a good place to pick one of those up at? i will eventually be needing one, along with a good air intake set up.

a little at a time!

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MrTailLight said:
where is a good place to pick one of those up at? i will eventually be needing one, along with a good air intake set up.

a little at a time!

Call Dale at Tymar Performance he is a straight shooter and will not steer you wrong. He doesn't have a web site to speak of, so just tell him what you have and are interested in and he'll tell you what he has.
I got my downpipe and intake from him about 2 years ago, still working fine, and just ordered air filters a month or so ago.

RoReRi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14