96 F-350 D-60

wls

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There's a D-60 front axle on ebay,and its for a dually, can a guy switch this over to fit a 1997 srw 250? If so what parts have to be changed? Thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It will fit, but you will have to convert the outer hubs back to the proper offset for the stock rims. You will need hubs, discs, and all of the bearings for a standard SRW hub carrier.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
By the way, welcome to SDD wls. Glad you found us. Lots of information here. Fill out your signature so we can help you better. Go to the User PC and click on User signature and fill it out.

Dave :)

wls

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
By the way, welcome to SDD wls. Glad you found us. Lots of information here. Fill out your signature so we can help you better. Go to the User PC and click on User signature and fill it out.

Dave :)
thanks, been here for quite some time, will fill out info.
So would it cost alot to convert over?

wls

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up finding a srw 96 f-350 d-60. Just have to freshen it up. What spring would be good to keep, for a plow install, go with the stock 250's, or a set of 350 springs. If the 350's where is a good place to get springs? Both would get a extra leaf installed. Thanks

RedPenguin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
wls said:
Well I ended up finding a srw 96 f-350 d-60. Just have to freshen it up. What spring would be good to keep, for a plow install, go with the stock 250's, or a set of 350 springs. If the 350's where is a good place to get springs? Both would get a extra leaf installed. Thanks

How much cashola you got?? Alcan arguably makes the best springs, cuz they are custom fit to what you want/need

RedPenguin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
It will fit, but you will have to convert the outer hubs back to the proper offset for the stock rims. You will need hubs, discs, and all of the bearings for a standard SRW hub carrier.

Dave

All that may be true depending on how complete the axle is. If the axle comes with everything he won't need very much. What is this offset you are referring too? Remember he's talking about a front axle not a rear axle, so SRW and DRW don't make much difference.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I got a set of f350 springs from a wreck yard for aa 100 bucks, after the axel swap to the straight axel the 350's will ride much smoother then the 250's (not a typo) 250 springs are thicker and higher spring rate for the independent setup i believe. I tried to use the 250's with the add a leaf and after several bumps on the highway i found it hard to keep my dental work in my head. also the 350's have nearly the same ride height and the 250's with he add a leaf and now mine sits perfectly level and doesn't have the raaked look like it used too. hope this helps, Lee

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
RedPenguin said:
All that may be true depending on how complete the axle is. If the axle comes with everything he won't need very much. What is this offset you are referring too? Remember he's talking about a front axle not a rear axle, so SRW and DRW don't make much difference.

The offset refers to how far inboard of the axle flange your rims/tires go. Too much offset and the rub on the shocks and springs.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya