97 fuel filter housing help please

smokin joe

Smokin.....
Reaction score
You can do what you want but if your going to replace it, I would go to the ford garage and get the original equpiment and just replace it. If you start grinding and cutting on the fuel bowl (like you said you were going to do) you might run into problems. Replacing the heater is alot easier than replacing the bowl (if you screw it up). It looks like that one from "whatabudro" would fit right in without cutting or grinding. Just my 2 cents.
Randy

Last edited:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
actually that is an updated version of the one I read. I was just wondering if a grinding wheel instead of cutting wheel would work on the dremel method. Essentially just grinding it down to the proper level. The only factor I can think of would be how resistant to grinding the rib will be.

==

Smokin - which part are you referring to? My plan is to buy the SD heater from Ford and modify the bowel to make it fit. The WIKI indicates the bowl is very expensive. Will the SD bowl fit in a 97? I suspect it is too much $ anyway. The SD heater wont fit our bowl. (i guess you might be saying use the OE heater).

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the heater is cheap either way and as the wiki indicates the heater is not necessicary though is some relatively cheap insurance. The rib is the same as the rest of the housing cast alum/magnesium composite. It wil be fairly soft and grind away relatively easy.

A grinding wheel would work on the housing to reduce it.

As for the SD housing it will bolt into the existing holes in our block however it does not have the provisions for fuel regulation and return fittings that our design does due to the differences in the basic design of the fuel systems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14