99 f-250 dead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put in new injectors went for a test drive and truck died. its a 99 f-250 7.3 it has a new cam sensor. maybe a air bubble? was driving easy and now it wont start?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Make sure your vavle cover harness connections are good. Check the HPOP reservoir. Any CEL?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vch are good checked three times truck ran perfect before the test run. hpop resivor is a little low. topped off truck started but woulnt run faster than 1800 rpm. pedal to the floor truck slowly died again and i cant get it started now

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plenty of fuel. i think maybe picked up a air bubble? is there any procedure to bleed air out of the oil? i had all the pressures tested ok? hpop resivor is low everytime i check it.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Process to bleed air from the oil rails...... Take the main fuse out so the IDM cant fire the injectors and crank engine until you have oil coming out all 8 oil spouts on the injectors. Usually like 30-60 seconds of crank time, let the starter and batteries rest, then crank time of 30-60 seconds, rest cycle again. Three or four cycles like this will usually purge the air enough for a start. After than, plug your IDM fuse back in and go for a fire. It will run rough as there will still be air in the system, run the piss out of it for about 50 miles and it should smooth out.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok what happens if you dont run the piss out of it? also should it start back up right away? any stalling? my truck didnt even run rough but actually smooth as glass and i didnt run the piss out of it im goin to try to bleed the air i think maybe it has a air pocket not letting it fire.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If you had it running and it was running smooth and then just up and died, I doubt its an air pocket. Sounds to me like it is electrical. Either the CPS up and died on you or you have a wire off of the IPR valve or an odd UVC issue.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Grasping for straws here..................have you checked the crankcase oil level???

Tbar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i pulled driverside vc. crancked engine for a while no oil out of the spout off the injector? crankcase oil is full. we just put in new injectors should i pull them and try again?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14