99 f-250 dead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel pump is gurgling like its getting air/fuel mix. could this be a problem if so any ideas on how to fix?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
ok i pulled driverside vc. crancked engine for a while no oil out of the spout off the injector? crankcase oil is full. we just put in new injectors should i pull them and try again?

Does the HPOP reservoir have oil in it?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it does but its not full to the bottom of the plug i try to fill it up and it goes right back to where it was. it is maybe 1/2 inch down. is that normal? Im not getting any fuel smell out of the exhaust? i think the fuel pump is going but i have a diesel mechanic comming in the morning so i will let you know

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
If you think it is the fuel pump.............open the fuel bowl drain valve and turn the key. Do you get a good flow or does it look like an old man with prostate problems?

Tbar

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
yes it does but its not full to the bottom of the plug i try to fill it up and it goes right back to where it was. it is maybe 1/2 inch down. is that normal? Im not getting any fuel smell out of the exhaust? i think the fuel pump is going but i have a diesel mechanic comming in the morning so i will let you know
Yes, thats normal for the HPOP, what troubled me was your comment on no oil coming out the injector spouts while cranking. That is not normal. If you dont have oil coming out then you wont be getting fuel into the combustion chambers which is why you dont smell it at the exhaust while cranking.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a bad hpop im only getting around 250 psi on start. which is why it wont fire. so new hpop tomorrow will let you know how it turns out. thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Make sure its not just the IPR valve........... much cheaper to replace than the entire HPOP.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we cleaned the ipr and it was spotless when we got done and nothing changed from before to after

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
How did the o-rings look on the IPR?

Just trying to save you the expense on the HPOP, plan on $450+ from Ford, if you have an IH truck shop in your area you can check with them as well, they will be cheaper than Ford.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o rings looked great. i found a place here that has the hpop with the regulator for 500 with a year warrenty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14