99 late or early

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the sticker it says, it was made in 12/98. I am guessing it would be a early 99 then.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, now you are coming up on the cutoff date, is there insulation on your coldside pipes? Do you have an Air Intake Heater or EBPV?
Jesse

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where the EBPV is. It has the little gate valve on the exhaust side of the turbo if that is what you are talking about. But it does have the AIH. I was thinking about taking that out. It does not have any insulation on the intake or intercooler piping. Suspension, I have no clue cause its all new 8" lift. It has no vacuum lines to the hubs if that helps.

06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
one thing I can say for sure (as I had one of the original 99 PSD's), there is a V8 badge on the front fender. I forget if it says Powerstroke or not, but I believe it does. I have them in my garage, but I ain't home right now. The 99.5 put the badge on the door where they've remained since. That is until the new ones. I bought the door badges over the counter and peeled off the V8 badges.

So, if it has the badge on the front of the fender, chances are it is a original. But, like mine, you cannot tell by the badge being on the door. Who knows how many others dd what I did.

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no real truth to that, I have seen early's with the door badge and no one knows the real cutoff date. Mine's Sep 98 and it has a fender badge.
Jesse

01Extreme69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So 99.5 it is. The fender badge wouldnt help anyways cause the fenders are but with the bushwackers. Thanks everyone.

06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Like I've said before don't go by the door badges. Mine is a early 99 AND has door badges.

I ordered my 99 in July `98. The 99's all had the badge on the fender. One of the many changes with the 99.5 was to put the badge on the door. Like I stated anyone could buy the 99.5 badges and put them on the door, heck I did that `cause I liked them better.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I ordered my 99 in July `98. The 99's all had the badge on the fender. One of the many changes with the 99.5 was to put the badge on the door. Like I stated anyone could buy the 99.5 badges and put them on the door, heck I did that `cause I liked them better.

Don't mean to sound like I'm trying to start a pissin' contest, but early 99 with with manufacture date of 11/98 has the door badges as equipped from the factory:
View attachment 6334
View attachment 6333

The first pic of the truck was cropped from a pic dated 8/31/2000. You can see it has the door badges even though a bit grainy. I'm the original owner/driver since it came off the show room floor, so I know it has never been altered/changed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58