BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I like this load.

Peteoversize.jpg

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that would be fun to see that load going down the road. I just want to see the looks on the drivers face as they look back and forth at each other.
How much name calling will they be doing to each other. LOL

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama that is a sweet load. Could you imagine coming around a corner and seeing that. Sure the road is blocked but just a thought

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds like, Ice Road Truckers might be making a series out of your Haul Routes ??

They are making a show called "Tougher In Alaska". It covers many jobs in Alaska including haul road truckers, Troopers, Fishermen, dot and many more. I think I heard it is a 13 episode series that will start airing sometime in May. They have been filming on the haul road for about a year now so I don't know how many episodes will include the haul road. I broke down last night on my way home and the wrecker driver told me they interviewed him last summer and have been in constant contact trying to get truck recovery footage. Might be a good show or it might be one of those embarrassing situations, time will tell ;) I know last night sitting in a dead truck at -43º with a windchill of -57º for 4.5 hours got me to thinking should it be "Tougher in Alaska" or "Stupid To Be Here". When someone finally came along I was very thankful for a ride.

History Channel said:
TOUGHER IN ALASKA

Everything is harder in Alaska, from the way you earn a living, to how you bury your dead. Tougher in Alaska explores the guts and self-reliance -- not to mention, ingenuity and technology -- it takes to survive the challenges of extreme cold and extreme isolation. In a land where severe weather, vast distances and rugged terrain shape everything about life, there's a long history of overcoming adversity and surviving the tough environment. Episodes will cover emergencies like the 1927 Nome diphtheria epidemic; how present-day structures like the pipeline are designed to withstand the potential fury of one of the most active seismic zones in the world; and how loggers must use helicopters to cope with remote locations. The series shows how -- both historically and today -- people have learned to overcome ... and live to tell the tale. Marc Etkind is The History Channel Executive Producer. (13 episodes).

HOLLY **** ! do i count that right...64 tires !?!

More like 116+. There are 8 tires per trailer axle rather than 4, look close and you can see them.

colotow

Just playin' in the sand
Reaction score
google intermountain hauling and rigging, out of salt lake city. we towed in one of their "smaller" trucks one night, they gave us a brochure, they put a system together that had 394 tires on the ground, weighed 800,000lbs, to haul some big huge thing that weighed 1,100,000lbs. i've been past their yard in salt lake, and parts of that unit are still sitting there.

we use military tank haulers here, made by oshkosh, 8x8 tractor, 505 hp 8v92 detroit, allison trans, runs maybe 50 mph tops. truck and trailer are about 100,000 lbs empty, it's designed to haul a 145,000 lb m1 tank, grosses almost 250,000 with all the armor and junk on it, we've had fully armored d11 cat dozers that push 190,000 on them, but they start to break kinda quick.

the trailers have 40 tires, out of 5 axles, the rear 4 all steer. takes a bit of getting used to going around corners!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg