A few pictures of Iraq

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Just figured i would share a few pictures as i normally do when i go to a new location. This time it is Baghdad International Airport. For those that dont know i was in Antarctica before i came here and Qatar before that.

Normally i am a Heavy Equipment Mechanic (off-road trucks usually with hydrualics) but i was able to land a job as a Power Production Mechanic - more money less work. I basically go around and record generator hours and do PMs when they are due. As a matter of fact the generators powering the tower for BIAP (Baghdad international) are on my route. We have a lot of small generators but i know you guys dont care about those so I have included a few of the big ones we have here.

I work 12 hours a day (up to 16 if need be) 7 days a week, sleep in a tent with 6 other people, and have to walk about 75 yards to the closest shower in the morning.

It hasnt gotten hot yet, it hit 108 a few weeks about but has been staying cool near 100 degrees. Today it was unusually cool (83) because of the dust storm we had.

Here are the pictures:

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Ahh, my guess was either Kuwait or Dubai, UAE. Kuwait has A LOT of nice cars rolling around ALL the time.

And thanks for the comments.

Reaction score
Dang, that's a big ant!!:eek:

And, Mike, I can't believe you didn't make your bed!!!:D:tounge:lmao

Cool pics! Hope you stay safe and cool.:cold 3

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and keep them big things running.
Only 108.......

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
108 and it hasn't got hot yet?! :eek:

pffttt... no! Try 130+ :sweet or at least that is what i hear. I havent been to Iraq before, i have been to Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar. Qatar was by far the worst with pretty high heat (115-120) but really high humidity :dizzy

I was in Kuwait back when i was in the military and i think it was hitting 130 but i worked out on the flightline on the blacktop which brought the heat up even more. :cool:

Thats why i went to Antarctica... to cool down :watchout

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Mike,

WOW, great pics!!!

I am sure that Fan in the bedroom works OVERTIME!!!

Those K-Rails (well, that is what I call them, not sure what you call them) or Jersey barrier or Jersey walls in front of the tents are HUGE!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg