A few Questions..

Longcut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What is the CCV mod? Can it be done on a 6.0?

Can you easily remove the silencer ring on a 04' 6.0?

Thanks,
Louis

Longcut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I think for $300 i can find some other mods i need more though.;tu

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just curious i have always heard of the ccv mod but what benefits do you get out of it?

I know that for a 7.3, it will stop the fumes from going into the intake track. That reduces the chances your boots will slip under high boost. Those boots seem to have the oil bleed out from them and will attract dirt. More importantly, they can slip when boosting.

JRJ04

Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with doing this mod to my tuck. The right way to do it is to buy the racor system, but I'm with you...I'm not spending $300+ on that thing. The other option (and really most preferred) is to just vent is straight to the atmosphere. I just dont want to do this because of the mess and smell.

There are filters out there that are for CCV...could you just put one of these on the end of a hose and then let it vent? Would this create too much backpressure? Those filters are cheap so it seems like an attractive idea.

Your thoughts?

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been going back and forth with doing this mod to my tuck. The right way to do it is to buy the racor system, but I'm with you...I'm not spending $300+ on that thing. The other option (and really most preferred) is to just vent is straight to the atmosphere. I just dont want to do this because of the mess and smell.

There are filters out there that are for CCV...could you just put one of these on the end of a hose and then let it vent? Would this create too much backpressure? Those filters are cheap so it seems like an attractive idea.

Your thoughts?

Question. Start venting it and see if there is really that objectionable a mess and smell. I have no such issues. YMMV

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58