A**h*le at Autometer

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
A**h*le at Autometer --- Update

For those that have read my questions about fittings for my Autometer isolator and for those considering an Autometer purchase -

Because I did not have the size and type fittings to run a line from my FPR to the isolator I installed for my pressure gauge I called Autometer tech support today to ask. Unfortunately I find out their isolator is not compatible with diesel and it will destroy the diaphragm and fail. SO, I cannot use it.

The mind boggling part of the call to the support line was that the guy, completely unprovoked, got mad about something and argumentative and defensive. He told me I needed an electric gauge and, politely mind you, I said I agreed but they are $225 and I didnt want to spend that much. This is where he got pissy and said "well, you already have close to that much with your isolator and the lines" which is far from the truth. So far, I have about $100 in it and technically only need about another 30 or 40 if that much. So I responded with "well I got a good deal and dont have anywhere near even $200 in it so the electric is just not an option for an alternative." It went rapidly downhill from there.

I was appalled at how this dick got defensive and argued with me completely unprovoked. I have written to AM about it and told them I expect a reply before I buy another one of their products. Tilting at windmills I realize but that just chaps my ass.

If you plan on buying their gauges, do not plan on getting any quality service from their support line. It doesnt exist.

SDD site vendors - please consider this experience when you talk to autometer next time.
-mad -mad -mad

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Thats not good Teeing off the "Attorney"
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Sorry to hear about the bad Customer service -mad there is no excuse for bad support.
thats why i stay with three vendors for all my psd needs :D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
in a word

NO

what was the sharks name in JAWS? Bruce
who was the filmaker?
Speilberg,

what was his lawyers name ? BRUCE

:lmao :lmao :lmao

sorry Tx atty, but so far in my years I have found only ONE lawyer worth talking to more than once,

and the second good thing is he has a PSD.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had'nt been following yer gauge install..... I'd think you were talking to a "Banks" guy.

I'll buy Banks stuff from a Site Vendor.... But don't and won't buy Squat from Banks..... For the VERY same reasons.

Not Bashing... Just remembering.

I don't tolerate BAD customer service. I'v paid a bit more.... just cuz X is, or are, Good peopole to buy from/work with. Wunder if the A**H*le types know that ???

Last edited:

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
in a word

sorry Tx atty, but so far in my years I have found only ONE lawyer worth talking to more than once,

and the second good thing is he has a PSD.

Actually, I know two of them. Both have PSDs.:D
Jim

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I just got a reply to my complaint to AM - the person basically said it was my fault.
"We received a call from a gentleman regarding using a isolator on a diesel
and the phone call was heard. If this is regarding that, we actually
heard the conversation and the customer was not being "so nice" either.
I apologize if this was the case. If this was not you, then we are
unaware of the situation.
If this was regarding the isolator, the representative was not being
rude, but rather trying to communicate when the customer would not
listen to his answers."

Utter BS. I cannot believe someone would condone and try to shift blame for an employee's rude behavior. I absolutely was not even miffed at the guy until he became hostile. I wouldnt listen to answers?? Then why was I asking for alternatives short of their expensive electric gauge? We'll see if this little zit writes me back.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
One word for you on gauges............

ISSPRO

Customer service is top notch. I dont know if they have the particluar items you are searching for now, but in the future if you look for additional gauges I cannot say enough good things about ISSPRO. I have had tech and engineering support call me during thier lunch hour to help me while I was doing an install. When all suggestions failed, the guy said gimme your address, I am sending you NEW equip right now, when you get it just send the other stuff back to us at your convienience. The kicker on this was the original problem was with MY INSTALL, not thier product. They still stood behind it/me.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Holy poop on a stick!:eek: Never mind on the trade! If my gauges take a dump I'm going Isspro I think! My Pyro took a dump with in 6mos of install but I didn't have to deal with Autometer. Now that they are out of vendor warranty I'll just switch brands!:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14