A**h*le at Autometer

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I did not call the vendor I bought from, just for reference. I could have but he is one guy in an office so I figured I would call the maker to get faster answers.

They wrote back and said they had been just about to offer to send me the electric gauge for an additional $40 but I "didnt give him the chance". Not accurate but it is a good BS spin on their response. I replied and ignored the "offer" because it wasnt being extended, only used as a slap, so we'll see if they try to offer it again.

I guess I will go with another brand next time but I really liked the look of the autometer. Customer service carries the ball though so I guess I might look elsewhere. Im going to give them the opportunity to redeem themselves however.

Antonio - doh! I guess I blew that one huh? :dunno :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
I did not call the vendor I bought from, just for reference. I could have but he is one guy in an office so I figured I would call the maker to get faster answers.

Just for reference sake, I did call my vendor when I was having my problems with the install and he gave me ISSPRO's contact info and that was the last time I had to deal with the vendor, from that point forward the manufacturer took care of things.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in the ISSpro marine guages. They are white face w/ greenish numbers and hashes and a matching needle. Has chrome bevel. They look awesome, especially at night. Here is a pix: (I will have to try and get some night pix) http://www.superdutydiesel.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=185

I got mine from Dave at DieselManor.com Awesome customer service, even a year later! I had an issue with the way the original instructions told me how to mount the Boost by teeing into 5/8" rubber tube. My guage would rattle like rattlesnake when I got on it. I just lived with it for a long time until one day I could not get about 5psi floored! I thought the vibs finally got to it and called Dave. He sent me the fittings & instructions (no charge) to tap the 1/8" tube into the aluminum elbow to see if that fixed it. It did! (I also found out that the cause for the loss of boost was the the 1/8" tube somehow go too close to the turbo and melted a small hole in it :doh: He was ready to send me a brand new guage if that did not fix it. I was impressed :hail

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I am still running the original Ispro gauges............They are 4-5yrs old now.

Tbar

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Update

Well I have a little update. Prior to calling the tech line I had written their generic email address to ask about the proper fittings but did not get a reply until after my phone conversation. So I politely replied to the salesman's email reexplaining my questions, answer about not using with diesel, etc and asked if AM carried a different isolator that would be better. The salesman wrote me back today and his response is:

"To the best of our knowledge, we have not had any high pressure isolator failures related to diesel fuel. Our service department prefers not to install them on diesels, because we have never done any internal testing on them in diesel applications. That said, they prefer not to recommend them in diesel applications, simply because they have not definitely confirmed their compatibility. I have also not heard of any pressure spikes causing premature failure of either the isolator or gauge on your vintage Power Stroke (or any Power Stroke, for that matter)."

So it seems there is a little internal disagreement on the issue. Makes me wonder if the tech department was not simply trying to upsell me for more $ although that seems an odd thing from tech support since they are not sales driven but who knows. :dunno

So, I think I will keep the gauge and get it hooked up.

So, what size and type is the fitting on the FPR if I remove the schrader or is is possible or even recommended to attach it to the schrader?

Thanks guys.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Tx_Atty said:
So, what size and type is the fitting on the FPR if I remove the schrader or is is possible or even recommended to attach it to the schrader?

Thanks guys.

You can thread an 1/8" NPT close nipple in there I believe. Although I think the threads on the Schrader are "straight" threads. Careful when you thread the nipple in, you can and will crack the FPR body around the threads.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have heard about cracking the housing. I think I will use thread tape and only doing it hand tight with maybe just a touch of a box end.

Of course, if I go over the schrader I suppose I could hold it still at the nut and tighten safely?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14