A mystery

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another vote for the sway bar bushings. I had to replace mine. You couldn't see anything wrong and with the truck sitting there was no play in the bar. After fighting with it for a couple weeks I decided to take off the sway bar and drive it around and guess what, no more noise. However, be careful driving like that since the truck will be all over the road with the slightest bump.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man if you got 200k on that truck (i dont care if its km or miles) you
SHOULD have had to replace the balljoints by now !

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer

has a sensor system they install on the chassis.............it turned out to be a right-front wheel-bearing....imagine.....I nerver had a bearing give intermitant complaints before this. It would kinda stop-up n then free itself.....went on for near 8-10 hours of trial n error. Never had a bearing problem that didn't begin only to worsen real quick. BTW...less than $300 for this hub-bearing fix....my Astro was $1350+......size doesn't always correlate to $.

Be well!

PS: Thx to everyone for chipping in.............I was reallly ata loss as to where to look.
Can I give kudoos to all the guyz at Kelleher Ford? Admin shud edit this if I strayed into territory I shudn't...Thx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14