A new alternative fuel method?

NVCowboy

NVCowboy
Reaction score
Sure as hell wouldnt make a habit of it, but I have to admit that I accidently put about 2.5 gallons of 100 octane racing fuel in my truck one day :eek: . THat was before I filled the rest of the tank with #2. I panicked, but it ran ok. Actually, it seemed to run pretty good. ONce again, not something I would do again ever. Lucas DIesel Additive for me. WOuld like to run a tank or two of bio through it just to really clean things up.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I haven't seen it on any of the shelves down here in my area,but it is another fuel additive.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Many additives such as LDL,Power Service,Stanadyne,Lucas,etc are all okay to run in the Powerstrokes regardless of intake system make:sweet

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bill what if you can't run biodiesel all the time? Does it hurt the engine to switch back and forth between biodiesel and "regular" diesel? I see on this website: http://www.wnbiodiesel.com/ that biodiesel will be sold at the Love's Truck Stop in Anna later this month. I'm up that way a good bit visiting my son and daughter-in-law and the granddaughter and pass right by there. I'd be tempted to try a tank now and then to see how it compares to diesel.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You can go between all Biodiesel,blend or straight up pump whenever you like,the only downside I've found is that when I don't run Biodiesel the engine is louder somewhat.

Would be nice if more of the truckstops carried at least B20.:sweet

kgang1234

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
- 2.5 gallons / 5% unleaded gasoline

I've been told by several diesel mechanics to never go over 1%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58