A rough few months, hoping things will be better

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at moving, this is nuts :dizzy what the insurance company are doing here. Why should I pay for some guy to build on a sand bar. His house needs to fall in the water. :sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from ya Richard. Sounds like ya got a handle on things.... Hang In.

Joe

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I now live in a little piece of heaven instead of a little slice of hell.
You know at times I remember back a few years ago when I was a renter and I think to myself - that sure was less stressful and much simpler. Just seems like it is a little easier to live when there are no surprise repairs to worry about. This last Summer alone I dumped over 10K into upgrades and repairs and still have three windows to put in this fall. Next summer it will be time for a new roof :doh: I also wonder how much longer my 24 year old water pump will keep pumping? It is only 450 feet in the ground :doh: Stress is a bad thing...

Glad you are doing well and great to hear from you :cool:

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
One day real soon you will have the opportunity to look back and see how you pulled yourself out of the ditch! I've been there myself, and I'm sure many will agree that while it isn't fun to go thru, you sure get a lot of satisfaction after you recover and look back to see where you were!

It sounds like you and your wife are making sounds decisions in restructuring your finances. Always remember that you are on the same team, with the same objective! It makes it a little harder to fight with each other :wflag

My pastor once said: "Anytime two people are in a fight, somebody is being selfish!" Those were wise words that have helped my wife and me thru some difficult times!

Keep plugging away, as your best days are ahead! ;tu

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
richard
man you need to write a book.
its good to see your luck is changing.
insurance in florida is another reason we havent moved back
we had allstate homeowners for nearly 20 years, now they wont insure any new homes in north florida, dont know about the rest of the state.
alabama for you is just a HOP skip and a jump
still looks like florida to from where your at,

press on ;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to High-Jack Richards Thread in any way, But.......

We stopped in Gulfport Ms to visit the SeaBee base and see some old friends. Don't know why but I had it in my head that the Katrina damage would prolly be purdy well recovered from.... by now.

WRONG. We went to spend a day at the Beach. There aint no beach.. they're ALL closed. Took a 50 mile drive East & West instead.. TOTAL devastation is still "In Yer Face".

Nothing but foundations and Front Steps, of what used to be Homes and Businesses. Sand everywhere.. where it shouldn't be. Boats, Cars, Trucks and who knows what else.. everywhere.. STILL. :eek::eek:

A REAL EYE OPENER for this California couple.. I'll tell ya !!

It's one thing to sit in front of yer TV and see it.. But to see it Up Close'n Personal is a WHOLE nuther story.

Came back to the Rig Kinda bummed out. Gave each other a Big Hug'n talked about our "Hard Times"...... We ain't never had Hard Times..... compared to what these folks went thru..... AND STILL ARE. Kinda Humbling, for us.

We talked with some Locals ? They ALL had "The Spirit". One older gal said, with a shrug'n a grin: Whadya guna do ? Give up ? No Way.. ya jus Stand Up'n Smile, Shake Yer Fist At The Water..and Do What Needs To Be Done Ta Git Yer Life Back The Way You Wan It.

Ya gota love folks like her. As atk said: There's always someone below you (during hard times) in the barrel.

Life Is Good ;tu

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you have had one heck of a time here lately. But things always have to get better sometimes it just takes alittle longer to get threw the hard times. Really glad to here that things have turned for you and things are getting better.

Keep us posted on hope you get the net soon. Post some pics of you furry friends also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14