A Statement of Sorts

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Big Joe;

I always look forward to your posts, even if you are a kid. :D
Keep up the good work. Most of what you say is right on... , and I can not remember anything that you have said that I do not agree with... but then, my memory is about gone... :lmao

Seriously,,, as I said above, I always look forward to reading your posts. :sweet

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
When SDD first started, I was invited here by one of the Founders (I think). I have enjoyed Every minute on this Site. Learned a lot and I hope I have been able to pass some of my Diesel engine/Ford knowledge on, to the Members and Viewers, alike.

However, recently, a post by me was [Perceived to be] an Inappropriate one. It was meant to be pointedly.. Humorous, but I guess too pointed, to some. I personally think that if it was inappropriate ? I should have received a PM or an Email, from a Administrator or Moderator, or.. my Post should have been Deleted by one of the SDD staff.

Having said this ? Let me clarify some things about me.. As there was No.. "New Member Introductions" when I registered:

I'm a 63 year old dude. Flag Waving Veteran. Retired Twice, 20 years military (SeeBees), 22 years Fed Service (Aviation/Ground Fuels), with 50+ years of wrenching on things. I've wrenched on 267 (wife has kept track) 7.3s as a hobby/walk'n money pastime. Never had a "Bring Back" (sep for more Mods). I BS no one. Strait Shooter.

I'm a one fingered typer.. Compose as I type, 75% Puter Challenged and not very articulate in Word Smith'n.

I have a BIG, BIG Soft Spot for the Lurker.. The guys & gals that are hesitant to jump in here with what they perceive to be.. Stupid questions or Inappropriate responses.

So PLEASE.. If I engage in a Thread or Post ? From here forward ? DONT take offence to Any of my "DUH", or , perceived to be.. Sharp, Terse responses. I Do Not intentionally mean, ANY, Harm Nor Foul. Never have.

I'm Hunt'n & Peck'n and Do'n the Best I Can, and will try'n be a Soft'r & Gentle'r SDD Post'r Guy. ;) :)

Big Joe

Well Big Joe, because of you and others on here like you I have learned more about diesel engines than I ever thought possible. Now I'm certainly not a mechanic by any means and I do type with two hands--took a typing course way back--but I have found that I can do some work on my truck, small jobs, nuthin' big but I understand what I'm doing and why.

This is my first diesel and when I began to read books and ask questions before I got on the SDD Forum I had absolutely NO idea what anybody was talking about. And although I've barely scratched the surface of knowledge on these great trucks I feel a whole lot more comfortable than I did when I first got my truck.

I've read your posts and although I don't post a lot, mostly because I'm not sure of the answers to the questions, I find your posts very informative. Not sure which post you're referring to but I don't recall reading any that I thought were on the sarcastic or inappropriate side.

Thanks to you and other folks on here for all the help you give to us and a very BIG THANKS to you and all the veterans who have given so much for this country.....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Hey, Big Joe. Who did you offend? Your posts seem pretty good to me. Nothing wrong with flag waving or speaking your mind. :sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't offend anyone.. and no one offended me.

I wasn't looking for any accolades here, but thank you All for your positive responses.:hail

A Post got a little Sideways from it's intent. (A non-lethal fragment got thru a chink in my armor:D)

SOooo I posted a little "Bio" about me, and what I'm about.. Kinda Sorta.

Lets ALL just Press On from here.. Sharing our experiences, In our quest for knowledge on how these PSDs operate.. or operate better.. or operate Again.. cuz it's broke.

;tu :sweet ;tu

Fine69

Reaction score
Well Big Joe, me being one of the guys you have helped, I say thanks not only for all your informative posts, but thank you for all your faithful years of service to this great country!!:sweet :clap: :clap: :clap:

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, I find our posts helpful. The ones in the Lounge are sometimes humorous. Maybe someone took you as being a little gruff, and you ruffled their feathers. I look at you as an older, wiser, retired Seabee with lots of sea stories for us to enjoy. So lets go drink some beers, and build something.

A little off topic.

Joe, did you see that they built an Ice runway in Antartica? I guess the one we built on the annaul sea ice didn't count.

Keith

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, did you see that they built an Ice runway in Antartica? I guess the one we built on the annaul sea ice didn't count.

Keith

Saw that.. Nothing new. We built & Maintained one just like that.. Called Outer-Willie, back in the late 60s. I was wondering if it was'nt Outer-Willie, re-vamped. Not enough info to tell.

I crashed (whooops-- made an unsuccessful, hard landing;) ) ) in a C-121 (Connie) in 69.. on the Ice R/way. Drug the the Fuselage out there & used it as the "Air Terminal/Ops center"..:eek: :)

Whole Nuther Sea Story there:lmao :lmao

colotow

Just playin' in the sand
Reaction score
me read you resume, me use extra (6th) finger to type sometimes, not connected to brain. me ever argue with you over a 7.3, pleeze hit me hard with con rod, ok? make sure it's a forged one, PM one might break over me head.

seriously, you are an old hand, you know the engines and trucks, why you worrying? newby don't like what you said, newby can log off the board.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw that.. Nothing new. We built & Maintained one just like that.. Called Outer-Willie, back in the late 60s. I was wondering if it was'nt Outer-Willie, re-vamped. Not enough info to tell.

I crashed (whooops-- made an unsuccessful, hard landing;) ) ) in a C-121 (Connie) in 69.. on the Ice R/way. Drug the the Fuselage out there & used it as the "Air Terminal/Ops center"..:eek: :)

Whole Nuther Sea Story there:lmao :lmao

I guess the saying is true. "What was once old is now new again." What is next building the piers with ice over the winters.

Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg