AAAAAARGHHH!!!! OIL LEAK

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Looks like it is to me :sweet Good job..

Well, if you think so. I'll throw it into the Wiki later this week. I need to refresh my skills anyway, been awhile since I added to the Wiki

Not sure why the thumbnails quit working. They showed up last night...

Last edited:

MADVAN

Few Loose Nuts
Reaction score
Don
What is the deal with that GPR in the picts?
Any benafits with it.
Cold is a comming!!!

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
That is the famous Stancor Relay, and it's main beneft is it is way overdesigned for our purposes, thus should last virtually forever without degraded GP voltage over time. The down side is it will run you close to $50 with shipping. Fits under the stock engine cover too.
(Allied Electronics) 576-1078 (Stancor Heavy Duty 586-902)
Hey, would be a good part for a site sponser to carry...

Turns out the molded rubber HPOP seal IH gave me was for a DT466. They do have both styles for our trucks too.

milner351

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Joat
About how long did this operation take you?
seems pretty involved to me, I may take the same approach you did... wait until I have time on my hands, or, wait until the "seep" turns into a "stream"

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
milner351 said:
Joat
About how long did this operation take you?
seems pretty involved to me, I may take the same approach you did... wait until I have time on my hands, or, wait until the "seep" turns into a "stream"

Two days, running to get the right part, etc :D

In reality, the HPOP seal part is pretty quick. 1/2 hour to an hour takin your time. Add to that however long it takes you to R and R the filter canister. So it could be a few hours easy. Could run half a day if you encounter any hangups. Plus you'll want to replace fuel lines while you are in there. Might as well clean the IPR and replace it's o-rings, patch up wiring insulation that is diesel eaten, and so on.......

Might be wise to keep the gasket on hand. That way if you need to pull the canister for anything, you can swap the seal quick while it's out.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14