?? About Setting up a Forum Like This

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Of course, it's their sandbox, they can ban whomever they wish. They do seem to be a bit petty about it. But there is no such thing as "freedom of the press" on an internet forum. They own the "press". They are responsible for its content. And you may find yourself in a similar situation on your proposed forum when a user gets "out of hand" and you have to pull the plug on him. The question is, where do you draw the line?

Ripsaw

Resident Cheesehead
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
And you may find yourself in a similar situation on your proposed forum when a user gets "out of hand" and you have to pull the plug on him. The question is, where do you draw the line?

I understand that would most likely happen if I were to set one up. Thing is with me, I like a good conversation just as much as the next guy as long as it is civil. Even if I don't agree with what is being said.

I also wouldn't mind hearing comments and suggestions from the members where as this other site will quickly delete your thread if it has any chance some other member might agree with it.

I would guess it's not an easy task on running one of these forums. I'm sure they take a lot of the owners time unless your name is L.L. from STD. That guy only seems to post every other month. The other time he's to busy lookin' in the mailbox for checks.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Sorry guys, didnt mean to leave you hanging on this one.
Still hanging........:D

I know a particular topic that there is only one forum on the net for and that one is junk. Is there any money in this deal where someone would be interested in making a new site or do these guys just do it because they like too? I suppose it would depend on the sponsors and the operating costs? MaxPower or Stroker are you in the business?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Still hanging........:D
persistant lil bugger aintcha..........

For me it is a hobby, done simply for pleasure. We know from previous experiences how some websites operate and how much money vs. user satisfaction measures into the equation. With that said, could a person do this and make "some money", you betcha you can.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
persistant lil bugger aintcha..........

YEPPER :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

So are you interested in making some money? The net needs a good Jet-boat forum:sweet I don't have the know how to do it:confused:

p.s. Persistent is spelled with a "e" not a "a". :roflmao :roflmao

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
So are you interested in making some money? The net needs a good Jet-boat forum:sweet I don't have the know how to do it:confused:

Ive learned once you mix money and hobbies that the hobbies soon become much less like fun and much more like work.

Crumm said:
p.s. Persistent is spelled with a "e" not a "a". :roflmao :roflmao

:tounge :bootyshak

btw..............hows the weather?:crumm

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Very :crumm but warming up a little everyday.

Fairbanks.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14