abs light came on, speed od on the fretz

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Going down 610 my abs light came on and my speed odemter started jumping around I have rabs . The sensor is still connected it looks dirty as hell when I looked at it but its still hooked up , I did a clip check and all looks normal?
Brakes seem fine though so I'm lost as to what it is causing the prob, the two together is. Throwing me off

Last edited:

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When this happened to my 2005 King Ranch, the tech replaced the anti-lock sensor assembly in the rear axle housing, and all was well again.

JRJ04

Reaction score
yes, its called the VSS (vehicle speed sensor). unscrew it and put a new on in...and you should be good to go!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the abs sensor and the speedometer are conected?

Kinda Sorta..

The VSS sends [some] data to the PCM, that intern sends out data that many other components [need] to have.. to make the vehicle perform properly. If any one of the components doesn't send, or receive, the right data back.... All kinds of crap don't happen.. But before a melt down occurs.. we get little Dash lights.. like: CEL, ABS, Air Bag, Battery or the Speedo don't work, Trans won't shift right.. CC hunts and... the occasional Dinger.

To Me, the PCM is like NASA Mission Control... Without the right Data.. when an Anomaly occurs... We get Lights & Performance issues saying: Houston ? (Driver) we have a Problem.

The VSS is a $25.00.. Key Player in a lot of "in motion", needed data.

Make Any Sense :dunno :lmao:lmao

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
Kinda Sorta..

The VSS sends [some] data to the PCM, that intern sends out data that many other components [need] to have.. to make the vehicle perform properly. If any one of the components doesn't send, or receive, the right data back.... All kinds of crap don't happen.. But before a melt down occurs.. we get little Dash lights.. like: CEL, ABS, Air Bag, Battery or the Speedo don't work, Trans won't shift right.. CC hunts and... the occasional Dinger.

To Me, the PCM is like NASA Mission Control... Without the right Data.. when an Anomaly occurs... We get Lights & Performance issues saying: Houston ? (Driver) we have a Problem.

The VSS is a $25.00.. Key Player in a lot of "in motion", needed data.

Make Any Sense :dunno :lmao:lmao

It does, I liked the nasa reference, ill let yall know how it works out in the morning

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58