abs light came on, speed od on the fretz

Kodadd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I hate to hijack your thread but my abs light is also on and my spedo jumps around until it hit about 35 40 mph do I need to replace this vss?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to hijack your thread but my abs light is also on and my spedo jumps around until it hit about 35 40 mph do I need to replace this vss?

Fer 25 bux, it's worth a shot... especailly if you have some miles on the clock :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where does it go, & can I get the part at NAPA or do I go to dealer?

It's on the top of the rear end. Un-plug a pin connector.. remove the hold down clamp.. replace it.. reverse the proceedure.

NAPA May have it, but FORD surely will.

Joe

Kodadd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok I replaced the magnetic one in the diff now where is the other one go, in the transmission
I cant seem to find where it goes. It has the little shaft coming out of it that looks just like the end of a speedo cable,
1999 F250 4x4

Thanks you guys are great.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I replaced the magnetic one in the diff now where is the other one go, in the transmission
I cant seem to find where it goes. It has the little shaft coming out of it that looks just like the end of a speedo cable,
1999 F250 4x4

Thanks you guys are great.

Not sure of the other one you are talking about. If your truck is equipped with front ABS as well, there is a sensor on each front wheel hub. I just replaced one on my truck and it took care of my ABS problem. They are easy to replace. You just have to take off your front wheels, brake caliper assemblies, and your rotors. I also found the sensor online for $104 each compared to the $190 at my local dealer.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The speedo on the fritz makes me and Big Joe think that it is the speed sensor on the rear differential.

Dave

Kodadd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks the one in the diff fixed everything, Napa gave me a part i forget the letters but numbers were 333 and so I went back and got the diff one and couldnt find where the other one went. you would think that Napa part cat would be correct but no big deal for 14 bucks fixed abs jumping speedo and the od thanks guys you saved me some bucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58