abs light then cel?

drkdeez

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey I have a 06 f250 6.0. today i have to drive 900kms. At about 400 in my truck kinda jerked a bit and a abs light came on. I fueled up, restarted the truck and it was gone. a little bit down the road it came back. then at about 800km in i got a cel. no smoke no smells no change in anything at all just the lights. WTF is going on? I have another 800km to go tomorrow! please help! ps i should add that i just had it at the dealer today for a oil and filter change and threw a fuel additive in there. could that be the problem?

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring to the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) in the differential.

drkdeez

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
would that be throwing the cel also? I know that's the common cause of the abs light.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would that be throwing the cel also? I know that's the common cause of the abs light.

Yes, It [Could] be a cause for a CEL. The VSS is a key player in providing data to the PCM for a lot of other things too.

If you can find a Ford dealer, or a Parts store.. replaceing the VSS is an Easy, 20 minute, "On The Road, Fix".

If your Brakes (ABS light) are working properly, and the truck is running normal (it Jerked).. a CEL wouldn't necessarily prevent you from continuing on, to your destination... for repairs ? Your Call though.

A Scan would also show any Codes set ?

Joe

Last edited:

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
My ABS light kept coming on when my alternator would acted up (low charge) and i have not seen the light after replacing the alternator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg