ac inop

great white

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i have a 2000 superduty with the 7.3 that i use as a service truck, i noticed yesterday that the ac wasnt working at all, then once i would get going down the road it would work for a little while, then cut out again, so today i put some ac gauges on it and i came up with the low side gauge being maxed out at like 250psi and the high side was at like 160psi what could cause this, ive never seen this issue before
thank you

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
sounds like the compressor took a dump.. broke a reed valve most likely

I was thinking that you had the gauges reversed, but you physically can't do that on an R134a system..

yeah, the compressor is hosed...

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you're going to want to flush the black death out of the condenser, and change the accumulator and orifice tube too..
when you do the orifice tube, get the thermostatic one.. be worth about 5-7degrees lower duct temperature

great white

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
the low side read 180 sorry guys, but either way it was maxed out and thats not normal, if the compessor broke a reed valve would the ac still work intermittantly tho?

great white

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
if i jump the compessor clutch with power it engages also and it seemed to cool ok, i do that very long cuz i didnt want to mess up anything i was just testing to see if it worked

HAYMASTER33

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my 2005 ford is doing something like that it seems to work when not towing half of the time and not at all when towing if i give it a lot of throttle it will work for a min or two any sugestions thanks

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
the low side read 180 sorry guys, but either way it was maxed out and thats not normal, if the compessor broke a reed valve would the ac still work intermittantly tho?

Dude, it don't matter.. that compressor is jacked up.

Those aren't reed valves like one in an outboard motor or snowmobile, these are spring-loaded poppets and they probably stick because they're covered with Black Death.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58