Adding clearance lights?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Even spacing is OLD School. My 1993 truck was even spaced clearance lights. The new Super Dutys are spaced the way you said. Even spacing would look strange!!!

Dave

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Going to the Ford dealer tomorrow to order the Parts for my clearance lights project.

Hey, Dave I did the vinyl floor today, along the way I saw the an empty connector near the passenger foot well. I took a pic of it. Is this the connector that the Lights hook up to?
PHX:)

Last edited:

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
I went to Ford in North Scottsdale today

They had two of the Roof Clearance Lamps in stock I had to order the rest.
The Grand total was $127.83 tax incl.
Lamp qty5 at $11.70 ea Part no 8C3Z 15442 C
Wire Harness $37.42 Part no YC3Z 15A404 AA
Nuts (the one that hold the housings in place) qty 10 $2.25 ea
Part no N621903 S441.

I thought about sourcing the nuts out else where however I wanted a totally factory setup and got the parts for less than I thought they were gonna cost.

I made some little templates from a Dr Pepper box and will be ready to roll on Tuesday, I pick the rest of the parts then. I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm gonna use a Unibit step drill bit for the large center holes for the lamp elect connectors.
PHX;tu

Last edited:

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Those look like the Dodge Roof lights.

Being the cheapskate that I am, I bought my clearance lights through Cabela's (about $50) and just made my own wiring harness. Drilling the holes made for some tense moments and I'll bet I measured 10 times before drilling the first one. I used a silicon sealant in the holes around the wires just in case the gaskets didn't seal well. Then I soldered the connections so I wouldn't have to worry about any of the joints coming apart in the headliner. I've had them mounted for about 2 1/2 years now and no problems.

Notice anything unusual about the clearance lamps I used? :sly

IMG_4100.jpg
The roof lights on My Dodge 3500 look like those.
PHX:CRAZY

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I got ready to drill mine. Musta measured 10 times before I drilled. Good job!

Dave

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The roof lights on My Dodge 3500 look like those.
PHX:CRAZY

You got it! I just liked the looks of the Dodge lights better so I went that route. I salvaged 3 of the 5 off my wreck and picked up two more so I'm ready to put them on my '05 this weekend.

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
Dodge has nice roof clearence lights

I know this is a Ford powerstoke fourm but in some ways the Dodge had there truck right. My Dodge Vs the F250 I own are not a fair comparison as the 3500 I ordered from the factory, and it's a Larime Pakage with 4wd. The 99 F250 is just a low option 2wd XLT. Yes the 3500 had some nice Roof lights, and Fog Lights too and the Legendary Cummins Engine.

I never had to replace a bulb in those Roof lights the whole 4 years and 100k I owned that truck.
PHX:turbo

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Hint ?

Use Masking tape at each location, draw the out line (template) of each fixture on the tape and mark all the hole locations, use a punch to ID/mark the holes, drill [Pilot Holes] for each hole. If using a Step drill, mark the diameter wanted, with a small piece of the tape. Go Slow when drilling.

Maybe a "DUH" for many, but a Hint for some ??

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58