Additional Backup lights

garyt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HERE are my B/U lights in bumper along with a WIRING SCHEMATIC I have them hooked to a SPDT switch with the signal coming from the reverse live wire so:
1. All B/U lights come on when in reverse
2. I can kill ALL B/U lights, handy when backing up 5th wheel
3. I can put on all lights whenever I want to.

The lights are Hella's. Each light has two 50w Halogen bulbs from AW DIRECT I have the HL 200B's
garyT

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
wideopen said:
Dude I just looked at your Gallery..the Sploder is awsome...and what Articulation :thumbs

Where's the front Drive Shaft??? :rolleyes:

That was just after the front axle swap and it wasn't installed yet. Just took it out this past weekend and couldn't keep rear driveshafts in it so right now it sits on the trailer with just a front shaft and no rear. Gonna have to make a rear traction bar to keep the axle wrap under control... :rolleyes:

And that isn't any where near full flex you should see it now :D

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
garyt said:
HERE are my B/U lights in bumper along with a WIRING SCHEMATIC I have them hooked to a SPDT switch with the signal coming from the reverse live wire so:
1. All B/U lights come on when in reverse
2. I can kill ALL B/U lights, handy when backing up 5th wheel
3. I can put on all lights whenever I want to.

The lights are Hella's. Each light has two 50w Halogen bulbs from AW DIRECT I have the HL 200B's
garyT

NICE--I've got my backup lights hanging under the bumper but That is a lot slicker of an installation. Why did you have to post that picture? I thought I was done messing with my truck and now I'm busting out the toolkit and eyeing my truck suspiciously... :eek: :p

garyt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, the ONLY reason I put them in the bumper was because I put a long hitch mounted mud flap on when I tow and it hid my hangy down B/U lights.
Sorry.
BTW you are NEVER done spending $$ on these trucks!! :D

garyT

plug ugly

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
found this on a search, here are my back up lights with more pics in my sig link

bumper2.jpg
[/IMG]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14