AFE Stage II vs Donaldson Style Filter

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
any gains would be acquired over the Donaldson style conical filter which I'm currently using.

I think you will gain some decibel reduction. I am currently thinking about modifying my intake to draw from in front of the grill along with quieting down the exhaust a little. The spool of the turbo and the rumble of the exhaust is :cool: but on long trips it gets old. I do remember the extra noise when I put open air intake and straight exhaust on our X. Running around home I like to hear the whistle an rumble but when we hit the road for a few hours silence would be nice.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Yes they will. But I have been running the non proguard for over 100k and the intake tube is clean as a babys butt...

Do you have good UOA to support that? Have you ever smeared some grease in the tube to see what you catch? My UOA were better when I went from an Airaid to the paper Donaldson.

Maybe those 100k of standard media have dusted your cylinder walls and you have excessive blowby and crankcase pressures. Those pressures maybe why your BB turbos leak. :dunno

Bill....yes I believe the PG7 will flow as much. My seven layer volant actually brought my EGTs down a bit. I'm not sold on the Stage II since from what I've seen it doesn't seal all that well with the hood.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have good UOA to support that? Have you ever smeared some grease in the tube to see what you catch? My UOA were better when I went from an Airaid to the paper Donaldson.

Maybe those 100k of standard media have dusted your cylinder walls and you have excessive blowby and crankcase pressures. Those pressures maybe why your BB turbos leak. :dunno

Bill....yes I believe the PG7 will flow as much. My seven layer volant actually brought my EGTs down a bit. I'm not sold on the Stage II since from what I've seen it doesn't seal all that well with the hood.

I have very little blow by, and yes I have checked and checked compression... All good... Stage 2 seals great to the hood... My hood insulation dents prove that...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58